View Full Version : MobileMe family pack question

miffed
21st June 2009, 06:10 PM
Now we are a two iPhone household (probably 3 when I get a 3GS ) I am pondering a mobileme family pack - But being as there are only three of us ,I was wondering whether the ;eft over two account would remain usable for next years subsctiption ?

I suppose to take this even further , could one account holder use a family pack to get 5 years subscription ? (pretty cool if you can :) )

Well if I am going to give Vodafone another chance ,the least I can do is do the same for Apple :D

Hands0n
21st June 2009, 07:05 PM
The MobileMe family pack is an annual subscription entitling you to five family members per subscription. You don't get to carry unused subscriptions over into following years.

That said, the family packs for their software are superb value (£89 for a five-pack OS X licence, similar for iLife09 and iWork09) with unbeatable prices for what you get. I can barely believe that Snow Leopard is likely to be £49 for a family pack, and thats not even an upgrade, its a full install/upgrade pack.

Nice try though :D

miffed
21st June 2009, 07:15 PM
Ah Thanks !

TBH that is exactly how I thought it worked , but the thing that made me wonder , was that there was a guy selling Mobileme accounts on Ebay prety cheaply (£25-30 IIRC ? ) , and apparently the only difference was that these accounts were only 5GB - I simply assumed he was selling the family pack licences ? But not sure how this could work .

Still not sure whether to have a go.