View Full Version : Wanted A1000 or A925

fozzie
21st June 2009, 07:00 PM
Anyone selling one of these Motorola retro beasts ?

Hands0n
21st June 2009, 07:02 PM
Wow! I'm intrigued what you want one of these for :)

I got rid of my A1000 over a year ago, got a superb price for it on eBay, put it in for 99p and it went silly!!

fozzie
21st June 2009, 07:07 PM
Just fancied getting hold of one again

Used to love my A925 despite the crap battery life.

Never owned an A1000

Hands0n
21st June 2009, 07:26 PM
I quite liked the A1000, it was ahead of its time, even though the UIQ was a bit sucky in places, it wasn't bad. I unlocked and de-branded mine.

The touchscreen was resistive and needed a stylus, commmon for the day, much like my iPAQ PDA. The OS was fairly speedy, nothing compared to today's devices, but it was a convenient and handy device to have in the pocket.

Unfortunately, the A1000 didn't meet my criteria to become the only device in my pocket. For that I had to wait for the arrival of the iPhone :D thats like 98% of the way there, and the Google Android HTC Magic. But the A1000 certainly came close to allowing me to eschew my iPAQ.

Never had the A925 though, by then 3 had alienated me for the first time.

Biohead12
22nd June 2009, 10:04 PM
I do have an A1000 I bought a few months ago for £40 in brilliant nick. My 3rd one that was - I really did like the Moto A series.

Originally bought to use TomTom, but now that its coming for iPhone it serves no other purpose I suppose. It is still locked to three, as I never used this one as a "phone".

Feel free to make an offer if you're interested... (and if you have an old mac laptop I'd be willing to trade in one way or another!).