View Full Version : 6680 Text Message Problems

bjputnam
31st May 2005, 12:47 AM
Hello I recently purchased a nokia 6680 and I when someone sends me a text it doesn't come through for about 24 hours?????

I have cingular wireless in USA :mad:

Hypnotic
31st May 2005, 01:17 AM
Thats either a network problem or a reception problem. The phone itself cannot stop any messages, or even delay them, from coming through.

Ben
31st May 2005, 02:27 AM
Hello bjputnam, welcome to Talk3G.

Try your SIM card in a different handset and see if the problem persists. I'm afraid I don't know much about your weird and wonderful networks over there, but let us know how you get on and we'll help if we can. It does sound like a network problem though... try messaging yourself.

Cheah
2nd June 2005, 02:32 PM
Ben, how can we avoid "memory full"? How is the 10M on the 6680 divided; I mean the storage memory and the working memory: Is there a way that i can increase the working memory so that I have a bigger memory to play with and not getting memory full notice after opening a few programs?

Ben
2nd June 2005, 03:12 PM
Hi :)

Push and hold the Menu button on the handset - a list of icons representing your open applications will be displayed.

Use the navigation key to highlight applications you want to close. Push the C button to close the application.

Memory is shared dynamically, so ensuring you install new aps/downloads onto the memory card will help keep internal memory free. I have everything set to be stored on my memory card, from texts through music downloads.

It is important to remember to close applications as you use them. It took me a while before I realised that unless I exit contacts etc properly then they remain active and using up memory. Symbian is a lot different to previous mobile phones I've used, but now I'm familiar with it I find it fantastic.

Cheah
3rd June 2005, 05:33 AM
Thank you. By the way, what is the meaning of unlocking the phone?

Jon3G
3rd June 2005, 10:23 AM
It is when the phone is unlocked to accept any sim card. Some networks lock the phone to their network in attempt to stop using it on another network