View Full Version : EEE PC, OQO 01+ and a couple of WM devices

miffed
1st July 2009, 04:42 PM
Having a bit of a clear out !

Got an EEE 701 4GB

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130316126965&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123

A T-mobile Ameo (lovely device IMO , but trumped by the iPhone !) -Unlocked

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/T-mobile-Ameo-UNLOCKED_W0QQitemZ130316103302QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_MobilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item1e5771ee86&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

A Vario III - Locked to T-mobile

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/T-mobile-Vario-III_W0QQitemZ130316109031QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Mob ilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item1e577204e7&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

And an OQO 01+

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=130316149340

All pretty good prices IMO.

gorilla
1st July 2009, 07:31 PM
So, you're getting several 3GS handsets ;) or should that be Android devices now?

miffed
1st July 2009, 07:47 PM
LOL , there *may* be a 3GS on the horizon :D ...and I must admit if I sell these the funds are probably headed in that direction ..
But TBH I have piles of gadgets simply gathering dust ! , they need to go , so I can replace them with some more modern rubbish :D

Ben
1st July 2009, 09:00 PM
You obviously don't get this game...

...he who dies with the most gadgets, wins! :D

Hands0n
1st July 2009, 09:03 PM
LOL - It would take me days to catalogue the junk I've held on to for all these years

miffed
2nd July 2009, 06:47 PM
See , this is why eBay annoys me !

The OQO sold , and the buyer (100% 170 odd feedback) paid immedietely by Paypal

Despite the fact that I have had this eBay account for well over 5 years , and have 100% feedback (85) - Paypal have marked the cash as "On Hold - Post now"
....Basically they are telling me that they will hold MY money untill they either receive +ive feedback from the buyer , or 21 days pass with no chargeback , there are several instuctions / reminders that I have to post the item ASAP to get the whole proccess rolling (which in itself made my think I was dealing with scammers , but it did all check out ! )
Now, I realise this is nice for the buyer , but what about me ? .... What if the buyer (Like many do) can't be assed to leave me feedback ? , I suppose I have to wait 3 weeks before I can even start to transfer the maney out !!
...And what happens if they are a scammer , Keep my OQO , and then issue a chargeback ? what happens to me .... Tough luck ?

Well , I have sent it anyway , as TBH I need the space - but will be interesting to see what happens , wonder why eBay seem to hate the very people that pay their wages ?

Hands0n
2nd July 2009, 07:22 PM
Grrr, that would make me madder than a very mad thing! eBay seem to have lost the plot!

Sure, there were scammer sellers but they need to keep a sense of proportion about things. It is not all about the buyer, the seller - as you rightly say - plays a big part in their very survival. They need us as much as they need buyers. More so, I would say.

miffed
3rd July 2009, 03:00 PM
Remind me to NEVER use this garbage EVER again , no matter HOW desperate I am to get rid of stuff !

OQO Sold for £170 + £10 postage

...So thats £173 when paypal have had their "cut" - then there is the listing fee and final value fee (I don't know .... £5 ?? ) - so lets say £168

....I then find out I have grossly underestimated carraige - for some reason OQO pack the tiny 01+ in a box which is approx 18" square , so the "special delivery" I quoted for comes to ............... £21.60 !!

So , that means I sold the (give or take a few pennies) £146

.....Now, as described above , I am held to ransom over feedback - Sure enough , my buyer is now saying he has received the item and the Stylus is missing (BULLSHIT !)
As far as I can see me only option is to buy the buyer a replacement stylus (£24 +£3 carraige - making my total gain £119 !!) or risk not getting paid ? ...The annoying thing is that I know damn well that the stylus was present !

Tell you what ebay , how about if I just give my stuff away and chuck in a bundle of notes as a bonus , do you think that would please you ?

I really am never going to sell on eBay again (I'll keep the account for buying - although I don't have the lack of conscience to screw the sellers blind , like it seems eBay would like :confused: )

miffed
4th July 2009, 09:44 AM
OK ,So imagine my embarrassment when I realised I HAD actually forgotten to pack the stylus :o

The buyer was fine ,and I am posting it this AM , She left me good feedback ,and this triggered in email from Paypal saying my funds were now released :)
Now in retrospect , I can see the merit in this system - But I still think it is a bit naff that the buyer can choose not to leave feedback for 3 weeks and hold your payment for this time while having the benefit of your goods !

All's well that ends well !

Ben
4th July 2009, 11:46 AM
It's a minefield to be sure. I suppose all of this red tape has been introduced over the years to try and thwart various scams and trickery that have taken place. Unfortunately they make things very difficult for the vast majority who are just trying to buy and sell legitimately.

It does sound like the balance has been tipped a little too far in the buyers favour. I mean, this is eBay, not John frickin Lewis.

maxspank
8th July 2009, 11:04 AM
.....Now, as described above , I am held to ransom over feedback - Sure enough , my buyer is now saying he has received the item and the Stylus is missing (BULLSHIT !)
As far as I can see me only option is to buy the buyer a replacement stylus (£24 +£3 carraige - making my total gain £119 !!) or risk not getting paid ? ...The annoying thing is that I know damn well that the stylus was present !

OK ,So imagine my embarrassment when I realised I HAD actually forgotten to pack the stylus :o

xD I lol'd quite a lot :D