View Full Version : Vodafone vs o2

miffed
2nd July 2009, 05:06 PM
I have noticed (especially around here) that Vodafone's network is reknowned for its excellent coverage and general superiority over all other living things , and I have also noted how o2's coverage is awful , awful ,awful - more awful than the time Mr Awful went to Awful town to buy something awful ....

...So why am I seeing this , pretty much everywhere I go - below is a picture of the iPhone , receiving 5 full bars of glorious o2 3G , and the HTC Magic showing a pawltry 2 bars of Pre-2003's finest 2G

(Excuse the blurry nature of the iPhone's photo of the Magic , the iPhone camera is pants for close ups :mad: )

I used to think it was me , but now I am convinced you lot are part of some kind of conspiracy to perpetuate Vodafone's delusions of adequacy ?

Sunday was great , sat on Broadstairs beach with nothing to do - 2 bars of 3G on the iPhone - NO SERVICE on the magic

For Christs Sake , pull your socks up Vodafone !!

Ben
2nd July 2009, 05:11 PM
Lol @ No Service, are you suuuure that's no O2? :)

Believe me, I wish O2's coverage was as good as Vodafone's for me personally. O2 isn't that awful though, I mean I'm happy enough with my iPhone. I think it's better than Orange or T-Mobile.

gorilla
2nd July 2009, 06:58 PM
I'd show a few screen grabs of my iPhone if you, but it will only depress me. O2 have a shoddy network.

Of course it could be that the iPhone has a rubbish receiver!

Hands0n
2nd July 2009, 07:52 PM
I don't think that I qualify :D

I live 150m from a Vodafone 3G mast and over a hill and 600m away from an O2 3G mast. So I get superb Vodafone and crap O2 signal on not only the iPhone but the O2 PAYG dongle - that is unless I pop up to the dormer extention in the loft where I get four bars of 3G and HSPA on the dongle!

Of course, in miffed's case it is definitely a conspiracy on the go. He's completely absorbed in the Apple RDF (Reality Distortion Field) where everything Apple is good and all else is not so good :D