View Full Version : iPhone 3GS Overheating?

Hands0n
3rd July 2009, 07:53 AM
It is becoming reported in the tech media that the new iPhone 3GS can suffer from overheating. Apple are being their usual silent selves. Perhaps the upcoming 3.1 firmware will fix the issue.

How is your iPhone 3GS faring?

gorilla
3rd July 2009, 08:36 AM
Did your 3G ever feel warm? The 3GS is the same for me, warm but not excessive.
As you are an experienced Apple buyer, I would not be at all worried. If you get a dud, Apple will replace it. Simple as.

a_ukboy
3rd July 2009, 08:53 AM
No probs with mine regarding this, battery is a bit dissapointing but seems to be improving..

Ben
3rd July 2009, 09:25 AM
No problems here either. I think this overheating thing is being over exaggerated.

miffed
3rd July 2009, 10:32 AM
Doesn't this seem to come up with most "interesting" devices , and invariably it turns out to be hands, faces, and intially quick charge/discharge cycles due to enthusiastic owners ? :D

chagle
3rd July 2009, 04:45 PM
It is becoming reported in the tech media that the new iPhone 3GS can suffer from overheating.

Nps problem here for me! But the over heating could be handy in the winter months, nice cosy toasty warm hands! Gee, Apple think of everything!! LOL

@NickyColman
3rd July 2009, 04:55 PM
Nope! Mine is fine too - behaves exactly as its older sibling, iPhone 3G, did.

Its probably nut jobs with no lives playing on it 24/7 whilst its hooked up to the PC/Mac with their sweaty hands all over the poor thing!