View Full Version : 3GS Jailbreak available !

miffed
4th July 2009, 04:19 PM
Was only a matter of time - Behold Purplera1n

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/07/03/how-to-jailbreak-the-iphone-3gs/

...... Now , who's first ? ..... Ben ? ;)

Ben
4th July 2009, 05:58 PM
...... Now , who's first ? ..... Ben ? ;)
Get outta town! :p Good luck to that brave soul, though.

miffed
4th July 2009, 06:09 PM
I agree !

Despite my resolve , ....... it looks like I will probably get a 3GS (only thing stopping me is the lack oF white ones available ATM ) ....Oh , and I am not sure about sizes , Sure , my instincts tell me to get a 32GB , and there is very little in it money wise , but half of me thinks it would be silly as I am not even using anywhere near all my current 16GB !! - But I suspect I'll end up with a 32GB White , ....but I digress ...

I have only just been 'able' to jailbreak my 3G , Can't see a Jailbreak of the 3GS occouring in my house untill at least next year !!

Ben
4th July 2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I think the sheer stack of cash that went into buying the damn thing extinguishes any interest I might have in dabbling with my 3GS, lol.

Good to see you're coming around ;) The way I look at it is when you've got this platform that basically powers your whole day and how you communicate with the world it makes sense to be running it all on the best hardware available. Bring on the powwaarrr!

@NickyColman
5th July 2009, 09:59 AM
What exactly is the point of Jailbreaking now we have 3.0? Is it for pure customization sake? Or are there still better features that Cydia or whatever its called can provide?

miffed
5th July 2009, 12:21 PM
The two that spring to mind for me are SIM unlocking and Bluetooth file transfer , and of course , customisation too as you suggest

Hands0n
5th July 2009, 01:48 PM
Probably the thing to do is to follow the instructions for Purple Rain to grab hold of the key files that are needed, even if you don't Jailbreak or Unlock at this time. At least it leaves your options open for the near future.