View Full Version : I use my 3GS a LOT more...

Ben
12th July 2009, 10:07 PM
Inspired by a thread on MR :D

I love(d) my 3G, it was amazing, and I was using it a lot, but I think my 3GS usage is in a different league. I'm guessing it's the extra speed and features... but primarily the speed.

Web page rendering and loading times for things like SMS are just so much better. And the thing is, the 3G wasn't slow, it was probably the fastest phone I've used for doing what it did, but I'm practically glued to the 3GS.

Hands0n
13th July 2009, 06:59 AM
I reckon that I'm using it about the same - but then it might be difficult for me to use it more :D

gorilla
14th July 2009, 08:51 AM
About the same for me, but I'm thinkng that with the improved camera and the video capture mode, I will end up using it more. I'm just not using it more at the minute. One thing is clear though, the 3GS does have longer battery life.

miffed
14th July 2009, 09:30 AM
I am voting "about the same" - but then I was using the 3G a lot anyway - the improvements to the Camera & the addition of video mean I will proabably be more inclined to reach for the iPhone for these things now. Don't get me wrong , the old camera was fine for (IMO) the purpose of a Phone camera ...i.e. to get snapshots , whereas if I wanted a "proper" picture , I'd either call for a proper camera , or a superior phone camera (unfortunately even the wife's N73 fell into this category )
I love the way that the Anti iPhone mob focused on every shortcoming of the iPhone (MMS , Cut & Paste , Camera , 3rd Party apps ) - and condemened the iPhone to hell because of it .
...But now Apple have addressed each of these issues , to such a point that the iPhone now excels at these things - With the exception of BT file transfer and iTunes requirement I honestly cannot see what there is REMOTELY to moan about !! the 3GS & 3.0 really do bring the iPhone to the masses IMO
Of course , you only have to look as far as Steve Litchfield to see the latest batch of "gripes" (which was certain to happen as sure as night follows day)
(you have it imagine this in that whiney "despair" voice he does when exaggerating the "shortcomings" of anything that doesn't run S60 )

"It doesn't run background apps , you have to come out and restart things" (hey this isn't symbian , things stop and start in the blink of an eye on OSX , it's not even something I can be assed to worry about !!) and he quicky dismisses the the push notification thing as a solution !!

"Lack of flash - Browser"
"Lack of flash - camera"
"poor battery life"

Yeah , fair enough I suppose - but I think these are minor cons up again the biggest "pro's " ever seen in a mobile device !!

" No user accessible file system"

Erm , no Steve , if you have an OS that WORKS , you don't really need to see the cogs and wheels ! (IMO of course)

There is a picture on his orginal iPhone review , I think it sums things up nicely

"