View Full Version : New O2 Mobile Broadband Connect software

Hands0n
19th July 2009, 01:47 AM
Roll up, roll up, come and get yet new Mobile Broadband Connect [Windows only] software. Its stuffed with loads of goodies ...

NEW - mobile broadband software is now available

It's now ready for Windows users to download at www.o2.co.uk/mobilebroadband/update.

Once you've got it you can access 3,000 new Wi-Fi hotspots brought to you by BT Openzone. Added to the 4,500 existing Cloud hotspots, it means getting connected wirelessly is even easier.

We recommend you download the software over Wi-Fi. This means you don't have to buy mobile broadband access. If you don't use Wi-Fi and download the software over the O2 network it will use some of your allowance.

Use your wireless broadband connection at home or at one of The Cloud's public Wi-Fi hotspots. You can find these in places like Pret a Manger and McDonalds.

The Mobile Broadband Access top-up pages and info are here --> http://mobilebroadbandaccess.o2.co.uk/

Ben
19th July 2009, 02:00 PM
Cloud? I thought O2 didn't let you access Cloud anymore?

Hands0n
19th July 2009, 02:03 PM
Yea, me too. This has got to be the most comprehensive UK WiFi coverage of any of the mobile network operators so far.

That should, of course, the the same case for the iPhone community.

These O2 mobile broadband dongles seem to represent outstanding value compared to contract. With the possible exception of Vodafone where the paid for BB does not expire after a period of time, but is correspondingly more expensive per MB.

Ben
20th July 2009, 10:20 PM
Ah I think it's BT you don't get anymore. Meh. Was better when you used to get both!