View Full Version : Downloading Video & File types on 6680

bangers!
31st May 2005, 04:51 PM
Hi again!

I have a few mpeg videos on my PC that im trying to transfer to my 6680 via the usb cable. Im not having much luck, am i correct in assuming the phone doesnt support mpeg files? If not how do i (if poss) convert them into a suitable format ready to be transferred to my 6680?

Thanks

PS i see you can convert the mpeg files in the provided Nokia multimedia PC suit but this cuts my 4 minute video down to the first 10 seconds of play only????

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 04:56 PM
Download and play multimedia files (video and music)
Stream media files from compatible media portals
Full-screen video playback on the phone to view downloaded, streamed, or recorded video clips in larger size
Played formats (decoding): .3gp and .mp4 file formats, MPEG-4 video, H.263 video and AMR audio, RealMedia (Real Video and Real Audio), MP3, and AAC

This is a caption from the Nokia site

You will need to convert them into one of them formats and the best place to look is either

www.download.com
www.google.co.uk and type in converter for any of the formats above

Hope that helps u

bangers!
31st May 2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the lightening quick reply! Any idea why the play length is being reduced to 10 seconds only i have loads of space on my memory stick.

Cheers

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 05:08 PM
no ideas here - i will have a look around and get back

Michel
2nd June 2005, 10:06 AM
It is possible to ask Nokia PC Suite not to limit the size of your file. Open Nokia Multimedia Player, open your MPEG file, then "Save as...". At the bottom right of the dialog box, open the combo box and select "Not limited size 176*144". Then click "OK", and the resulting file will be stored in the 3gp format. You can now upload your converted file to the 6680 the usual way.

I hope that helps.

bangers!
2nd June 2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the help!