View Full Version : Deleted Pcitures (again)...

timothythetim
31st May 2005, 05:06 PM
Was looking through some of the pictures I had taken at the weekend, then the gallery sort of crashed, then all my pictures on the Memory card were gone. This was on a brand new memory card. It also happened on my old one.
They were both official nokia 64Mb ones. I know other people have had this problem. Has this happened to anyone with a different memory card?

llj3000
31st May 2005, 06:15 PM
this happened to me, its not the memory card its most likely the fones software, take it to a nearby nokia service centre and ask them to flash the phone/reput the software on it, this sorted it for me

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 06:19 PM
Not had this on mine yet, but I will watch out for it

Hypnotic
31st May 2005, 07:07 PM
Had mine since the 12th, and the only thing that happened was that the pictures disappeared, but they came back when i rebooted the phone. Has only occured once, but used to happen alot of my motorola a835.

@NickyColman
31st May 2005, 07:51 PM
I have a similar problem too! If my 6680 crashes, and once it reboots it looses all its messages!

Ben
31st May 2005, 08:58 PM
mhm... mine's still OK - but I think I'll get it flashed at some point in the future.

Apparently the pictures don't get deleted - you just can't see them. Reboot the phone and they should come back.

Jon3G
31st May 2005, 09:11 PM
just spoke to mate that has one on 3 and his is doing the same

I do wonder now if its a 3 handset batch issue

timothythetim
1st June 2005, 10:46 AM
just spoke to mate that has one on 3 and his is doing the same

I do wonder now if its a 3 handset batch issue
aww no, it sounds that way
the pictures definitely got deleted - the number of pictures it says I could take jumped right up and the memory status changed

happened again last night, its slightly worrying that this only seems to happen to me when im out on the town and slightly pissed :rolleyes:
now when I try and use the camera it just says "system error" but the camera works when I remove the memory card which suggests that its a memory card problem. The memory status has changed and it now says the memory card is just about full. I tried to look at the images folder using file manager and it just sasy "opening" with that progress bar animation and stays like that. I will try looking at the memory card on the computer when I get the chance.
Things aren't looking too good for this phone and three.
Could I get it flashed or would three complain about that?

Ben
1st June 2005, 11:40 AM
Your local Nokia service centre are most likely to reflash the phone with branded software, so Three shouldn't mind in the slightest. Hopefully it's just a software problem and a quick trip to your local CPW or such will have it all sorted out!

You can find your nearest service centre here: http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,54548,00.html

timothythetim
1st June 2005, 11:43 AM
Your local Nokia service centre are most likely to reflash the phone with branded software, so Three shouldn't mind in the slightest. Hopefully it's just a software problem and a quick trip to your local CPW or such will have it all sorted out!

You can find your nearest service centre here: http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,54548,00.html
cheers, will probably do that. Does it cost and how long does it take?

Ben
1st June 2005, 11:51 AM
It's all covered by your handset warranty. I've never had it done I'm afraid (I've been rather lucky with my sim-free's!) but I'd call up first and check it out - I think our CPW only does Nokia's on one day of the week! :S Hopefully they can do it there and then...

Jon3G
1st June 2005, 12:22 PM
Would a flash take away the network lock and the operator settings and locks

Ben
1st June 2005, 02:13 PM
Flashing just updates the phones software. Providing the correct software is used, all the settings etc would remain intact. If the phone is flashed with generic software then the settings wizard would install the correct settings anyway.

Locks are not removed.

Jon3G
1st June 2005, 02:22 PM
Ok just worried if I had to have it done and didnt want to lose my Voda support and such like

timothythetim
1st June 2005, 06:06 PM
Sent nokia an email about and this was their reply

Thank you for contacting Nokia Helpline.

With regard to your email concerning a faulty memory card, please take the phone to your nearest Nokia Authorised Service Point for repair. They will assess if a repair is required and if this may be covered under the warranty.

Your nearest Nokia Authorised Service Point is as follows:

Name: Total Repair Solutions

Tel: 01418121111

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Yours sincerely

Nokia Service Professional
UK & Ireland Team
Nokia Helpline

This "nearest Nokia Authorised Service Point" is actually quite far away from my house. Would CPW do it?

Jon3G
2nd June 2005, 01:55 PM
Its best to Call your local CPW and ask them if they do it and if they do then ask them what day its available says you the trip then

ritaritz575
17th June 2005, 02:06 AM
i had experienced the "disappearing act" last nyt!!!

i bought my unit only last June 12 from a nokia dealer so that i can enjoy theier warranty for 1 year...

then last night, my pix "magically" & mysteriously disappeared!

i just had my phone's firmware upgrade the following day after i bought it.. strange, isnt it???

just sharing....

iluvmy6680
26th June 2005, 07:06 AM
Hi guys,

i have the same problem with missing pictures. Infact everything in my gallery (video, sounds etc) are gone. all i can see in 'sound download' or 'video download'. i think it happened after i dropped my phone but i didnt notice it until recently. you can still see everything if you are viewing it through 'file manager' so they are still there somewhere

i've also noticed that all those extra programs like Adobe acrobat are gone too....probably due to the same thing

Quote:
Apparently the pictures don't get deleted - you just can't see them. Reboot the phone and they should come back.

so can I reboot it myself or do i have to take it to a repair centre? is there not a fault with the phone?should things like this happen to a brand new phone?

your help is appreciated...thanks :)

Ben
26th June 2005, 01:36 PM
Hi,

Rebooting is just turning the phone off and on again.

I think the problem lies with the memory cards, not the phone. I purchased my own memory card immediately because I needed more storage, so it's no surprise that I've never once had this problem. You could perhaps seek a replacement memory card from Nokia or your network?

A wide selection of appropriate memory cards for your handset can be found here: http://www.mobymemory.com/RS_DV_Dual_Voltage_MMC_Memory_Cards.asp

ritaritz575
28th June 2005, 01:06 AM
Hi,

Rebooting is just turning the phone off and on again.

I think the problem lies with the memory cards, not the phone. I purchased my own memory card immediately because I needed more storage, so it's no surprise that I've never once had this problem. You could perhaps seek a replacement memory card from Nokia or your network?

A wide selection of appropriate memory cards for your handset can be found here: http://www.mobymemory.com/RS_DV_Dual_Voltage_MMC_Memory_Cards.asp

hi ben, tnx very much for the link, but can u please tell us the brand/spec of your mmc so we can buy the same for our 6680s...

i want to buy an mmc that is already tried & tested by a 6680 user...

Ben
28th June 2005, 01:45 AM
I *think* mine is this one:
http://www.mobymemory.com/proddetail.asp?prod=rsdvmmc256%5F001

I've certainly had no problems and it's great value!

ritaritz575
28th June 2005, 01:55 AM
hi ben, tnx very much for the link, but can u please tell us the brand/spec of your mmc so we can buy the same for our 6680s...

i want to buy an mmc that is already tried & tested by a 6680 user...

thnx ben, i hope that mobymemory is available in my country...

ritaritz575
28th June 2005, 06:17 AM
wow ben!!! the mmc that u are currently using right now with ur 6680 has large capacity, 256mb RS-DV mmc (brand: mobymemory) right?

but do u recommend those that are advertised as "super high speed" RS-DV MMCs?

gorilla
28th June 2005, 09:51 AM
ritaritz575,

I have this one (http://www.mobymemory.com/proddetail.asp?prod=rsdvmmc256%5Fmmcmobile%5F003) and I have had no problems with it at all. "256MB MMCMobile RS DV (Dual Voltage) MMC card.
256MB MMCMobile (Super High Speed cards). Built to the new MMCMobile specification format, which gives you added future-proofing."

Ben
28th June 2005, 11:33 AM
I'm sure 'super high speed' work fine, as gorilla has said, ritaritz575 - but I've never tried one so couldn't say for sure. When I purchased my card, only the mobymemory branded cards were available.

Jon3G
28th June 2005, 12:09 PM
I got one of the super high speed ones the other day and I found no issues with it

Its really your choice

nightmare99
28th June 2005, 03:48 PM
Hi All,

I have kingston 256MB Dual Voltage Mobile MMC and its seems to work fine, mind you as pointed out in another thread I seem to have quite a recent firmware.

Thanks

Peter

ritaritz575
29th June 2005, 12:30 AM
tnx for the input guys! i really appreciate this forum!!!

FunkyMissMonkey
1st July 2005, 06:40 AM
My phone has been regularly doing the picture wiping thing since I got it 3 weeks ago. It has now started giving "system error" every time I use the camera so off to CPW with me today :) I'll be interested to find out what the problem is, just hope I don't have to be without my phone too long :rolleyes: lol

Jon3G
1st July 2005, 11:18 AM
I really does seem to be the 6680's from 3 that are causing problems (When I say 3 I mean the first batch from the stores) My brother inlaw got his from dailer phone and he has had loads of problems.

I hope the official batch from 3 dont have the same problems or this could be a real blow to the 6680