View Full Version : HTC Hero out now!

@NickyColman
22nd July 2009, 05:25 PM
HTC's latest handset, the Hero, is out now on Orange.

Its free on a 24 month contract on Dolphin 40. £34 for unlimited texts & 1,200 anytime minutes - not a bad deal!

No free internet though, thats comes as an add on for about £5 for 500MB.

I wonder how Hero will do, according to most websites, its a *insert cliche* "real iPhone killer" lol:cool:

Ben
22nd July 2009, 05:37 PM
lol @ no free Internet - don't Orange get it? You can't sell data-hungry devices without unlimited on-handset data and expect customers to actually make liberal use of the functionality. O2 have it spot on - the data usage is restricted to the device, truly unlimited, and included in the tariff. Orange at least need a truly unlimited handset-only add on for devices like this.

I'm sure this is a lovely phone, but I still refuse to believe HTC will ever produce anything I'd consider to be 'nice' :( Yes, they're having lots of success in the very competitive mobile phone market as far as I'm aware, but they're still 'not for me'.

Nice wadge of texts and minutes, there. Can't fault the value on that!

@NickyColman
22nd July 2009, 05:41 PM
I really dont know who Orange are aiming the Hero at with tarrifs like that!

People who generally like to text to unlimited limits are probably the most likely to take advantage of the intensive data applications. So why restrict to 500MB?

Ive seen some video reviews of it on Engadget.com & T3.com and its certainly got some interesting features like direct Twitter, Facebook & Flickr integration. Shame its attached to Orange.

My advice is wait a month, get it sim-free and take on sim-only contract!

Hands0n
22nd July 2009, 08:35 PM
Oh dear, Orange really have not got much of a grasp on reality have they.

To take a device that will absolutely need the Internet to strut its stuff and then not supply it with Internet bundled is ridiculous. I feel sorry for the Orange-loyal who will buy into this. They'll be like lambs to the slaughter!

miffed
22nd July 2009, 08:50 PM
Who needs GB's of data when you can have oodles of free "Orange World" :D

(Do they still do that ?)