View Full Version : "Mobile Allowance" App

@NickyColman
29th July 2009, 05:52 PM
Just been playing around with an app thats been out for a while now called "Mobile Allowance." Dead straight forward, it allows you to, as you may have guessed, view your remaining mobile allowance.

It costs (at time of writing) 59p. You will need your O2 online username & password in order for the app to fetch your details. And obviously, you need to be an O2 customer.

Should help cut down those huge iPhone bills!:D

http://tinyurl.com/awwj8j

Ben
29th July 2009, 06:04 PM
That's pretty nice! Shame it's not free from O2, really, they should really be doing that sort of thing.

If I ever think I'm going to get anywhere near to my allowance I may well use this.

@NickyColman
29th July 2009, 06:07 PM
I think now O2 (grrr) have removed the Unlimited Text BoltOn, this may be a God send for many, myself included.

Ive had to use the Friends & Family BoltOn and get my loved ones on O2 to avoid horrific bills!

Ben
29th July 2009, 06:40 PM
Definitely, is rubbish that they stopped that. But then for texts to other networks you're looking at £5 buying a theoretical 200-250 texts, so I suppose it just wasn't economical in the end... people must have been really hammering it! Either that or they removed it simply out of complacency, but I'd like to think they had a reason.

@NickyColman
29th July 2009, 07:54 PM
O2's strategy at the moment seems to be encouraging their customers to do the selling for them. Eg the new Pay & Go options that provide near unlimited allowances for you and your mates - providing they're on O2 that is. Which will make O2 customers badger their mates and family into joining O2. 'specially when they are offering 4 free sims at a time.

No wonder O2 are the biggest network - aren't they? Lol

Ben
29th July 2009, 09:46 PM
By subscribers I believe so yes!

gorilla
29th July 2009, 10:16 PM
you could of course just send a blank sms to 21202 :p

@NickyColman
29th July 2009, 10:26 PM
You're right you could do that too. But i have known it to take upwards of 30 minutes before I've received a reply & it's not always as up to date as it's app counter part

Ben
30th July 2009, 10:51 AM
And the app is pretty, gorilla :p

Ben
31st July 2009, 03:45 PM
I've gone and jinxed myself - I'm totally hammering my SMS at the moment, lol. D'oh. Might get the app... might...