View Full Version : Nokia N97 'Mini' gets pictured in the wild?

Ben
31st July 2009, 02:23 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/29/nokia-n97-mini-gets-pictured-in-the-wild/

Certainly looks cuter than the original. But is it any better to use and live with?

getti
31st July 2009, 02:41 PM
I have posted 3 pictures over at worldofnokia and have also posted news of what network has the 'N97 Mini' on their system already

miffed
31st July 2009, 03:12 PM
I see the logic - Slightly less N97=Slightly less crap !

Lets hope this is momentum that Nokia can build on ;)

Ben
31st July 2009, 03:49 PM
I have posted 3 pictures over at worldofnokia and have also posted news of what network has the 'N97 Mini' on their system already
Does my face look boffered?

I see the logic - Slightly less N97=Slightly less crap !

Lets hope this is momentum that Nokia can build on ;)
Lmao! Like your thinking there, Mr Miffed. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. Intriguing that they're making the adjustment to the form factor, though, suggests they've had some negative feedback about the original. That said, it's not the first time they've tweaked successful flagship handsets - the N95 is a good example, but there are several NSeries that have seen more than one incarnation of what is, essentially, the same phone.

miffed
31st July 2009, 04:00 PM
Intriguing that they're making the adjustment to the form factor, though, suggests they've had some negative feedback about the original.

The Nokia MD's 14 year old son probably brought one home or something and showed it to his Dad - who was horrified (obviously hadn't seen it before or he wouldn't have let them launch it !) - He probably got on his iPhone to to the design team and said "FFS get rid of that bloody awful D-pad !"
...... to which the design team repied "We have nothing to put in the space"

-so the MD probably said "Well get rid of the bloody space then !"

^^^ I am pretty sure that's how it happened !

Ben
31st July 2009, 05:47 PM
The Nokia MD's 14 year old son probably brought one home or something and showed it to his Dad - who was horrified (obviously hadn't seen it before or he wouldn't have let them launch it !) - He probably got on his iPhone to to the design team and said "FFS get rid of that bloody awful D-pad !"
...... to which the design team repied "We have nothing to put in the space"

-so the MD probably said "Well get rid of the bloody space then !"

^^^ I am pretty sure that's how it happened !
Totally believable, IMHO!

Hands0n
31st July 2009, 09:11 PM
The N97 is a flawed formula. There is little Nokia seem able to do to break out of their design mindset. Witness the continued mis-placement of the space bar. Then their persistence with resistive touch tech and Symbian in the face of (at least) Android.

Nokia seem not to have quite realised what their competition is today and, significantly, what it will be through the next year