View Full Version : Can I put iphone apps on ipod touch?

bailey87
3rd August 2009, 10:07 AM
Just a quick Q

I'm an Iphone owner and have lots of various apps on my phone that I've purchased from the app store.

I've just bought an Ipod Touch for my girlfriend. Will I be able to sync the apps to her Touch without having to purchase them again?

thanks

Ben
3rd August 2009, 11:06 AM
Well... I'm not 100%... but I have an iPhone 3G and a 3GS and iTunes sync'd my purchased apps to them both!

So I'm thinking yes, but the only way to know will be to try.

gorilla
3rd August 2009, 12:22 PM
I think you have to use the same itunes account i.e. your GF can't create an itunes account in here name and sync your apps. If you retain 'ownership' of both devices then you should be able to sync your apps to both devices.

If that makes sense? :confused:

bailey87
3rd August 2009, 02:31 PM
hi

yes, makes sense. I wander if I'll be able to pick and choose what apps to sync though, as she won't be interested in all of them / they won't be applicable to a non-phone device.

Are there any cheap as chips tariffs out there designed for itouch users, so that they can use apps that require and internet connection when out and about?

Ben
3rd August 2009, 02:59 PM
Hm, well, paying for WiFi access is a bit hit and miss (I love that there's access included in my O2 tariff but I wouldn't pay for it separately). But, you could try something like The Cloud: http://www.thecloud.net/for-you

bailey87
3rd August 2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I imagine the wi-fi access would be a bit hit and miss - which is a shame, as i'm sure she'd find being able to check on things like tube status handy