View Full Version : Vodafone MMS on iPhone 3G?

Hands0n
23rd August 2009, 09:44 AM
Does anyone have MMS working on their iPhone 3G using the Vodafone network? If so, would you post your MMS settings up on here please. My usual sources seem not to work - although I'm reasonably sure that it can be done with the iPhone as long as MMS is enabled on the account - which it is as it works with another handset on that same SIM...

An odd one, this.

miffed
23rd August 2009, 10:22 AM
Verily so - As I understand it the iPhone will not send or receive MMS over 2G even when it is all working properly ? (I may have misunderstood this , Possible a bluff to cover up AT&T's shortcomings ? ) -So Who knows what kind of jiggerypolery is at work here ?

Personally don't use it any more , the sooner the rest of the world get the hang of mobile email the better !

Hands0n
23rd August 2009, 12:46 PM
Ah, but she's using 3G ... or are you saying that if it flips into 2G it all goes tits up? That would make some sense ... Although that isn't the case if on the O2 network as far as I can recall ...

miffed
23rd August 2009, 03:43 PM
Not sure TBH , as I say , I never use MMS now . but I recall when MMS was introduced SJ said it would require 3G , 'I remember questioning why at the time - That said I have never tried sending an MMS in 2G

miffed
23rd August 2009, 03:46 PM
A solution seems to be found here

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28165

Hands0n
23rd August 2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks for that. I'll get her to try out those settings. It is odd how the iPhone doesn't seem to like the MMS settings that a regular handset uses!

I think the 2G thing is a red herring. Shortly after your earlier posting I had need to send an MMS from a 2G-only location. It worked ok.

Go figure :D