View Full Version : 'Orange Tv' Player 6680

bangers!
1st June 2005, 05:48 PM
Just downloaded the orange tv player. Pretty impressed so far. The pictures not amazing but didnt expect it to be. Only trouble seems to be breaks in the stream where you get the orange tv home page but the sound still continues.
Ant other views?

Ben
1st June 2005, 08:13 PM
If you're moving it's terrible - regular break-ups and lots and lots of buffering.

If you're still in strong 3G or 2G signal, however, it's excellent! The quality of the picture sometimes starts off poor (2G type quality) but if you're in good 3G coverage it will soon rebuffer on the higher quality stream - which gives a superb picture.

The backlight keeps going off (longest handset setting for this is 1 minute) so I keep pushing the little pencil button on the bottom right to get it back on without interrupting the application.

I'm very impressed, but it certainly shows 3G's inability to operate efficiently while moving - 2G fares much better.

Jon3G
2nd June 2005, 10:03 AM
Its the same with Voda BB live streaming, its ok when you are still but when Mobile its not very good. However I have not found it buffering much just the sound comes before the Video