View Full Version : The Wonderful world of Vodafone !

miffed
2nd September 2009, 08:46 AM
As I moved house yesterday , I went through my list of Providers changing my Address with them , T-mobile ? - Easy ! , O2 ? Even simpler ! , ...then comes Vodafone
I log on to the Online service , and find the option to change personal details , Simples ? .... Not quite !

Apparently I am "not allowed" to change my postal address within the first 3 months of my contract ... or in the actual words of Vodafone ...

User should not allow to change the Billing Address in first 90 days of contract. :rolleyes:
- Shame I found this out too late to cancel the Removal men etc :D
Seriously though , what on earth does this achieve ?, other than meaning that Vodafone now hold out of date details for me , and they'll end up sending any correspondance to someone else !! (Surely a crime against Data protection) ?

Suppose I shoudl ring them , but my experience of Vodafone CS is not the best , and the thing I remember most is being laughed at by a dopey Welshman who couldn't be bothered to sort my ongoing billing issues out , I suspect a "computer says no" situation like this is almost inevitably going to end up in a game of musical operators.

Numpties !

hecatae
2nd September 2009, 09:05 AM
postal redirect and send Vodafone the bill?

Ben
2nd September 2009, 09:25 AM
postal redirect and send Vodafone the bill?
Like it! ;)

I can appreciate the anti-fraud implications of making someone wait 3 months to change their address. However, if proper security precautions are in place then providing the customer (user, sorry, I forgot!!) has authenticated then surely that's enough?

miffed
2nd September 2009, 09:33 AM
Fortunately I have a redirect in place anyway , so it won't really cause me a problem , it seems a little bizarre. People move house , it is a fact of life - in these circumstances Vodafone's Job should to simply record this , not get in a huff about it and start telling me what I can and can't do !

Ben
2nd September 2009, 09:42 AM
in these circumstances Vodafone's Job should to simply record this , not get in a huff about it and start telling me what I can and can't do !
I absolutely agree. Well said!