View Full Version : Helpful Vodafone Abroad

3GScottishUser
2nd September 2009, 09:52 PM
Its all to easy to knock networks when things dont happen as planned but on a recent trip to the Irish Republic I had issues with the problem that the promotional Vodafone EU roaming rate had not been applied to my account, despite having requested it 24 hours before leaving the UK.

A visit to a Dublin Vodafone shop produced helpful staff who had more to do with their time, like selling contracts to new Irish customers but they apologised about the problem and allowed me to use their shop phone to call Vodafone UK and to speak to a UK customer service advisor who swiftly looked into the problem and corrected it within 20 minutes.

The experience was not decent customer service but much better than that as the Irish Vodafone store employee who set up the UK call returned to ask if the issue had been resolved to my satisfaction.

Full marks to Vodafone Ireland for their assistance and their use of UK call centre employees helped considerably in ensuring I got the offer available and a high quality of customer support.

Of cousre one can argue that I may be paying more than I have to for the range of facilities i have on my present tarriff (more than enough for my needs presently), but that level of customer service abroad (as Vodafone knows well) proved well worth the little bit extra they charge.