View Full Version : Should O2 UK apologise for and explain their network?

Ben
6th September 2009, 11:49 AM
If AT&T can put out a video explaining (http://www.macrumors.com/2009/09/04/atandt-offers-video-update-on-iphone-mms-and-cellular-network-issues/) the basics of how their network works, and how they're working to improve it, why can't O2?

I think O2 would do well to put out a video or blog answering to some of the criticisms of their network recently because, right now, I have no idea what their levels of investment are like going forward or if they intend to expand their 3G footprint at all. That doesn't give me much confidence in sticking with them long term. At least with Vodafone I've seen their rollout in action, several examples in fact, and action speaks louder than words.

So come on O2 - it's time to tell us what's going on and what we can look forward to in the future. Your smartphone users are smart, they want to know about the technology behind the touchscreen and they want to know why, sometimes, it doesn't work.

miffed
6th September 2009, 01:12 PM
I have said before ,I don't think o2's network is any worse than any of the others, it is simply under the most scrutiny - Joe public is suddenly interested in data thanks to the iPhone.

All about making omelettes and breaking eggs IMO

Ben
6th September 2009, 01:58 PM
Totally, but does that mean that they shouldn't apologise or they should? After all, they're the only ones with the iPhone and a stable of other high end smartphones, so shouldn't their network be prepared for that?

Hands0n
6th September 2009, 07:23 PM
Will handset manufacturers be prepared to wait endlessly for O2 to catch up with their data-centric handsets? Will these same manufacturers be happy for network deficiencies damage their brand reputation? Already rumour of Apple ending O2's exclusivity deal. Hardly surprising.