View Full Version : Video Call - No Audio

bsrjl1
2nd June 2005, 07:12 PM
Missus & I did a video call, which worked fine - my NEC e808 (eugh!) to her 6680. Now when I try to call her, we can see each other & she can hear me but I get no audio from her. Thought she must have changed something, but I can't see anything wrong.

While in the call she has the disable option (audio, video, audio & video), but no enable. Can change her audio to the handset & back to the speakerphone. Disabling video, then trying to re-enable doesn't actually work. Left/right alters the volume of the received audio, up/down seems to toggle something audio related but I can't see what.

I suspect it's a bug, and a full reset would probably clear it. Anyone else had this problem or similar?

Ben
2nd June 2005, 07:27 PM
Video calling is all fine here I'm afraid! The e808 (eugh!) is definitely not to blame?

It used to work I take it, but now it's not? Voice calls are still ok?

chaslam
2nd June 2005, 11:45 PM
I dont think you can use the speaker on the necs for video calling. You need a headset. Try the wired headset you should have got with the phone.

bsrjl1
3rd June 2005, 07:33 AM
The NEC is fine (in that respect!). Can connect to the video answerphone, and can videocall someone else. I know I have to use the headset! ;-) Definitely the 6680 that's the problem, and it did work once or twice. Voice is fine, but I like to use my free 20 minutes of video calls. So I just have to ask questions that require a nod/shake of the head or lip-read!

Ben
3rd June 2005, 12:11 PM
Mhm sounds like you might want to get it replaced, the sooner the better. Could just be a problem with the video calling software (I think PacketVideo make it, ugh) but if after a restart/reset etc you're still getting nothing then I wouldn't hang about.

bsrjl1
9th June 2005, 04:09 PM
Firmware update fixed it - now working fine. Weird!