View Full Version : Microsoft Pink

miffed
26th September 2009, 05:01 PM
(Bet you never thought you'd find yourself looking in this part of the forum ! :D )

Apparently , Microsoft are launching an (cringe/ yawn / roll eyes) "iPhone Killer" next year , blah blah , yadda yadda etc.

Sharp get to manufacture it

......Anyone remenber the NEC E808n ? ...... it was so hideous that it was like nothing we ever saw before (well apart from some kitchen equipment from the 70's ) ....and you'd have thought no one would ever make that particular styling mistake ever again ? ..... I say don't under estimate MS !!

http://gizmodo.com/5366263/the-pink-phone-pictures-microsoft-doesnt-want-you-to-see-yet

Hands0n
26th September 2009, 08:49 PM
Okay, I'm going to put my stake in the ground right now.

This is going to be one monumental and epic Microsoft #fail. It is going to make the Zune look like a global success story. Microsoft are completely barking if they think this is going to take on the Apple iPhone or any of the Androids that currently exist or are just about to be launched. Hell! I doubt if the Microsoft "Pink" phones will even take on the Palm Pre, and that is a right dogs dinner of a handset if ever there was.

Really, Microsoft, what on earth are you thinking of? Are you that desperate to take on Apple? Do you really see them as such a threat to your domain? What is your need to be in the mobile phone business? Unlike Apple you don't make hardware - you have no joined up thinking on the subject - you make OS and productivity software, and not that well either. Although I am willing to give Windows 7 a chance.

With these "Pink" handsets Microsoft are going to catch an almighty cold in terms of PR and goodwill. Sharp will be shadowed by the Microsoft name, the ridicule and the blame will fall entirely on the latter.

There. I've said it. Now let history prove me wrong. :p

Ben
27th September 2009, 01:50 AM
Very hard to get excited about a consumer Microsoft phone when, in terms of mobile OSs, they're such a total disaster.

But, as with all things, we'll just have to wait and see.

Personally I feel like the current biggest limitation is the damn mobile networks.