View Full Version : Orange Tv - No Sound Help!

Leah
3rd June 2005, 10:22 AM
I have just received my new Nokia 6680 I had sound on Orange TV yesterday so I know it works but for some reason there is no sound today??? can anyone help me I need to test before the moneyback expiry in case there is a phone fault.

Jon3G
3rd June 2005, 10:25 AM
Dont worry about the money back bit, at any time through the contract you can phone Orange up if you have a fault and they will either resolve the matter over the phone or send you a new handset. It is also worth getting Orange care.

With regards to the sound I cant help but Ben may be able to

Leah
3rd June 2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks for info - who's Ben?

Jon3G
3rd June 2005, 10:46 AM
He will post if he has the answer or someone else will. You could phone Orange on 150 and they could advise

Ben
3rd June 2005, 12:07 PM
Don't use 150 - use 350 if you're a 3G customer.

Orange TV is working fine for me. Reboot the phone and try a few different channels, ensuring you push the navigation key to the right a few times to increase the volume to 100%. Also ensure the handset volume is turned up (try profile General or Outdoor).

If, after letting the stream run for a minute or so, you're still not getting the sound come through (it can take a few moments for both video and sound streams to kick in) then call 350 and see how they can help. It might be worth trying some free video from Orange World first, like Sky News Videos. Let us know how you get on!

dgilbert2
9th July 2005, 08:38 PM
I too had the "no sound" problem with Orange TV.

I have discovered that if the current profile is NOT set for "Warning tones" ON then you get no sound on Orange TV.

Work that one out!!

:eek:

Ben
9th July 2005, 09:01 PM
That's quite insane! It's a terribly coded application - if fexplorer can control the backlight then there's no excuse for it constantly turning off while watching OTV.

Great tip, cheers :D Welcome to Talk3G!

Hands0n
20th July 2005, 12:07 AM
Just to let you know that a friend of mine with an Orange-branded 6680 also had the "no sound" trouble with OTV and applying the fix above sorted him out immediately. He hated the Warning Tones, switched them off and did not make the link between doing that and losing sound on OTV.

Talk3G strikes again - woo hoo - another satisfied punter and no doubt new member now that I sent him the link to the thread.

fat jez
20th July 2005, 08:00 AM
You do also find that if you are not getting a fast enough data rate, you can lose either sound or video. Depends on how close you are to the cell site really and how many other users there are.

Cheers,
Jez