View Full Version : Vodafone Access Gateway

Ben
28th September 2009, 11:47 PM
So I finally hooked up the Vodafone Access Gateway to have a play, and get this - all numbers you wish to use with the gateway have to be pre-registered, and the gateway itself has to be registered too.

To add insult to injury, this takes 24 hours and is done via vodafone.co.uk/gateway

But what really takes the biscuit is that if you ever want to add additional numbers you have to *call up* :o Why the hell isn't there some online interface for controlling this stuff and why aren't the changes immediate? O_o

Bemused.

hecatae
29th September 2009, 09:26 AM
do you have to register IMSI or IMEI, or just Mobile Numbers?

Ben
29th September 2009, 09:31 AM
Just mobile numbers, fortunately, and the gateway serial.

I'll have to ask anyone on Vodafone to give me 24 hours notice before they come over...

miffed
29th September 2009, 10:06 AM
Do you have to pay to register numbers ? - If not this is something Vodafone should probably consider - after all if you have Customers that are prepared to pay two lots of line rental & buy two lots of hardware to route calls over their own Broadband connection , then its almost rude NOT to take them for every penny they have !
Perhaps a third LR charge for every number you want to use with the gateway ?

hecatae
29th September 2009, 10:49 AM
so you could use Vodafone multi-sim on it, technically allowing more than 5 handsets to be registered to the base?

Ben
29th September 2009, 11:17 AM
so you could use Vodafone multi-sim on it, technically allowing more than 5 handsets to be registered to the base?
No idea - what's Vodafone multi-SIM?

You can register about 30 numbers I think, but only 4 can utilise the gateway at once.

Ben
29th September 2009, 12:43 PM
Vodafone Access Gateway CS (use for adding numbers):

0800 - 2000 Mon - Fri
0900 - 1800 Saturday
0900 - 1800 Sunday

0845-4402104

Hands0n
29th September 2009, 01:09 PM
This is no surprise.

Vodafone have put this into production without any automated systems support. They'll have a small Application Support team doing the system updates manually into the authorisations database.

In time, possibly a long time, they'll provide an end user self help interface from My Vodafone. But that will all depend on their development schedule and priorities. Femtocell may well be low down the stack given it's cost and likely uptake.