View Full Version : What’s the best network for the iPhone?

Hands0n
30th September 2009, 10:05 PM
Errr, brace yourselves .... http://www.mobileindustryreview.com/2009/09/poll-whats-the-best-network-for-the-iphone.html

Here’s the latest poll we’ve added on Mobile Industry Review:

Remember, these are the networks that visitors to Mobile Industry Review's website have voted for!

Would you put your £500+ iPhone 3GS on network number 2?

Ben
1st October 2009, 02:32 AM
Current results have Orange in the lead, with Vodafone coming in second.

Personally it has to be Vodafone for me, as you know. Orange... well, the Orange/T-Mobile/3 UK network will be formidable but that's years away.

3 UK - well, people voting for them obviously like punishment on the CS front =D

gorilla
1st October 2009, 08:40 AM
Orange have far better coverage than vodafone in NI, although 3 trump them all. My GF got O2 to change her tariff to the £20 simplicity one with inclusive data which she is now using on the iPhone. I'd be tempted to stay with O2 for that price, but hopefully vodafone and orange will have similar deals in January.

What we really need to know (well for existing users) is whether we'll need to jailbreak to use another carriers sim?

Ben
1st October 2009, 09:36 AM
I still seriously cannot imagine O2 unlocking, so if you want to use the same handset, yes. I'll probably replace mine with what will undoubtedly be a 3GS locked to Vodafone.

Hands0n
1st October 2009, 09:50 PM
Ah, but what about the unsubsidised handsets - i.e. those bought from the Apple store at full price? Aren't these likely to be eligible to be unlocked to use on any network. O2 made their money from the PAYG SIM.

3GScottishUser
1st October 2009, 10:08 PM
Would be good on 3 if they made it a £20 PAYG handset, gave a £50 top-up (included) and brought back the walled garden.

They would get all the hardware outlay back in no time with video calls at 50p/min.

Get Bob back and he could show how to make the iPhone work on a network!