View Full Version : Is Iphone 3Gs 3.1 unlockable?

a_ukboy
6th October 2009, 09:12 AM
Just a quickie but can you jailbreak/unlock the 3Gs that has firmware 3.1 on it? and if you can if you update the firmware when a new on comes out do you loose the unlock?? i know you loose the jailbreak...

I have also noticed on my iphone that if im using the internet in any way then calls are diverted straight to voicemail??? strange me thinks

Im ticking off the days until i can leave o2, yesterday i was in Central London outside Tottenham Court Road Station and tested my phone, i called my mate who was standing right next to me and the call took 1min 19 secs to just connect, data would not work.... Terrible service!!! switched to 2g and calls connected within seconds and data worked, slow but at least it worked.. Now i know i can just lock to 2g but i have a 3g device and would like to use it as one, Roll on moving to T-Mob....

gorilla
6th October 2009, 10:14 AM
I don't think a 3GS with 3.1 can be unlocked yet, but it will surely be available come January!

Hands0n
6th October 2009, 08:35 PM
Any Jailbreak/Unlock will be lost the next time the iPhone is updated with newer software.

I read that Apple control all the "factory unlock" codes - those that are permanent regardless of future software updates. This sounds entirely logical, HTC do exactly the same, but there are sources of accessing the HTC factory unlock codes for those that need them. With Apple that currently is not so.

I suspect that when the iPhone is made available to other UK networks that, in time, Apple will make available the factory unlock codes. By what means and for how much is anyone's guess.

a_ukboy
23rd October 2009, 04:26 PM
Just found this.. http://www.iphoneunlocking.com so does this mean the very latest version 3.1.2 can now be unlocked??

Hands0n
23rd October 2009, 08:04 PM
Just found this.. http://www.iphoneunlocking.com so does this mean the very latest version 3.1.2 can now be unlocked??

No, be very wary of such offers. A friend of mine took one up, similar to this one, and it was only after he paid that he got to a web page on their site that said that the 3.1.2 unlock was not available and that they'd update him when it was.

All of these unlocking companies use the same free software that we download from the two primary unlockers (DevTeam and Ge0h0t).

They will not refund him nor communicate back with him. He just has to wait until they get in touch ...