View Full Version : iPhone OS 3.1.2 released today - fixes three issues

Hands0n
9th October 2009, 11:39 AM
Seen on the WebInternet today ...

Apple have released a much-needed patch, iPhone OS 3.1.2, which solves a common sleep issue: in which the iPhone refused to wake up which had been created by the previous firmware.

Also included are other fixes:

* Resolves sporadic issue that may cause iPhone to not wake from sleep
* Resolves intermittent issue that may interrupt cellular network services until restart

Fixes bug that could cause occasional crash during video streaming As always the Dev-Team released the usual warnings;

WARNING! At 10.20AM PDT on October 8th 2009 Apple released the 3.1.2 version (7D11) of the iPhoneOS.

If you care about your jailbreak and unlock, don’t update your device – 3G and 3G(S) owners should pay particular attention to this warning.

* PwnageTool and redsn0w are not yet compatible with 3.1.2
* There is no estimated release time for compatible tools (please don’t bug us about this).
* Any information we have regarding this update will be posted here.
* You can also follow us on twitter – @iphone_dev

Source: Here (http://www.mygreatphone.com/software/apple-releases-iphone-os-update-3-1-2/)

Ben
9th October 2009, 12:06 PM
Oh, cool :) Guess I'll update and see what's what.

hecatae
9th October 2009, 12:23 PM
I downloaded the 247mb update last night, no problems so far after applying update

Hands0n
9th October 2009, 03:44 PM
I'll be interested to know if there is any improvement in call set-up times. Also any generally better 3G performance on O2 networks.

Biohead12
9th October 2009, 07:56 PM
I've only just upgraded to 3.1! Ah well, i'll wait for the JB and probably do this one a lot quicker.

getti
9th October 2009, 08:50 PM
Not even Nokia phones get these many software updates this fast.... still when Vodafone get the iPhone so will i :D

hecatae
10th October 2009, 12:09 AM
saw no difference with update, so now doing a restore to see if it changes

Hands0n
10th October 2009, 09:27 AM
Looking at the contents of the update and what it fixes I reckon that the iPhone's radio gets changed, yet again. This will likely scupper anything that the Unlocker teams have come up with so far. Although Ge0h0t claims to be about to release something that will JB and Unlock every version of code to date! I wonder if 3.1.2 will put him back a bit.

Ben
10th October 2009, 10:44 AM
Not noticed any difference (or issues) here yet. But then I don't think I was having any software-specific issues before?

Gotta love iPhone updates, iTunes delivers them unobtrusively and, from my experience, the process 'just works'. The only criticism would be the size of some of the downloads, but as they can be delivered to iTunes separately from the installation process there's no inconvenience caused there either.