View Full Version : Who has tried Windows Mobile 6.5?

3GScottishUser
10th October 2009, 09:35 AM
It's getting some very positive reviews and it looks like a nicer more user friendly interface so it'll be interesting to hear how folks get on with it.

It's not an iPhone killer, as yet, but it could be heading in the same direction as the Zune HD which is now seriously making iPod fans drool!

Ben
10th October 2009, 10:41 AM
I'm not going to bite WRT Zune HD :)

6.5 is, as we know, a stop-gap to 7. From a user interface perspective the vast majority of the improvements will be made by manufacturers, such as HTC who will continue to apply their heavily-customied GUI regardless of OS. By all accounts 6.5 is still a long way from OS X and Android, but it should keep Windows Mobile shipping on new phones until the next version rolls out.

3GScottishUser
10th October 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm not going to bite WRT Zune HD :)

Zune HD..... You know you want one!! ;)

Hands0n
10th October 2009, 04:30 PM

Yea, I'd really like to have to re-purchase all of my music just to have a Zune HD. Inconsisten, non-transferable DRM, is one of the catalysts for on-line piracy, in my opinion.

I do recall when Zune first came out - all of those who'd already got Microsoft DRM'd music had a simple choice; stay on their existing platform, re-buy their music with Zune'd DRM or move off to another platform with consistent DRM across the entire range. A lot of people who decided to re-buy their music for the better platform made took the third option, helping propel that [named after a fruit] company to top position worldwide.

I wonder if M$ ever learned that particular historic lesson :D

Oooh, errrr, back on topic ;) I have observed that HTC, at least, are hiding Windows Mobile under the new "Hero" UI. And a jolly good thing too :p

miffed
11th October 2009, 08:21 AM

But why ? when there are far cheaper , more effective options on the market ?