View Full Version : I'm afraid but we're no longer offering the Unlimited anytime text Bolt On

hecatae
11th October 2009, 11:15 PM
Hello

Thanks for getting in touch to add the 'Unlimited anytime text' Bolt On to your account.

I'm afraid but we're no longer offering the Unlimited anytime text Bolt On to our customers. However, you'll be pleased to know that you can add the 500 text messaging Bolt On to your account.

The 500 text messaging Bolt On is available only for £7.34 per month. If you want to add this Bolt On to your account, simply reply to my email. I'll then be happy to add it to your account.

thanks again for taking the time to send your email and I hope I've been able to help you with this matter.

For lots more help and how to get the best from your O2 service, please visit our excellent online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Important - When you email us, please provide: your date of birth, postcode and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

Have a nice weekend!

O2 Customer Service

I'm not impressed

Hands0n
12th October 2009, 02:38 PM
O2 most certainly seem to be on some kind of decline.

Some folk swear by O2. Regrettably, given my direct experience since 2007, I find myself mostly swearing at the service delivered. In all practical terms it is rubbish.

gorilla
12th October 2009, 08:51 PM
I was asking in the office today about O2, and those who said it was 'great' did not use data, or did not have 3G where they lived and therefore by my standards makes them not so great!

How many texts would you send per month? I can never send more than 500.

getti
12th October 2009, 08:57 PM
I sent around 1,500 a month

Ben
12th October 2009, 10:25 PM
I can send stacks, but split out over FishText and push email I usually stay within 500!

Heidi
13th October 2009, 12:03 AM
i stay within the the 500 per month tbh
But then again like Ben i use Fishtext and im loving push email atm ;)
i find after i sent a few texts if you want abit more of a chatter with that person you move it over to the email anyway
For me i just find it so much easier that way

miffed
13th October 2009, 07:13 AM
I am the same TBH , Although I send a lot more texts than I did pre-iPhone , I have also found myself using other technologies to get the message across ( Pushmail , IM etc) - these have cut down on SMS use dramatically , and if the rest of the world could just pick up on this (LOL :D ) It would probably lead to a situation where providers would simply include "unlimited" SMS with all contracts - as the bundles of text would no longer be a selling point
I really do prefer this "unified" experience - send an SMS to my iPhone and that message will go to my iPhone, if the battery is dead or I an not near the iPhone (very unusual) I will not get the message . - However , send an IM or Email to ME , and I get it on my iPhone, on my mac , on my HTC Magic , on whatever computer or phone I happen to be logged in on !
Surely this is better ?

gorilla
14th October 2009, 09:24 AM
I feel like I'm losing out on valuable communication! Everyone I know is still in the dark ages.

Hands0n
14th October 2009, 07:12 PM
I feel like I'm losing out on valuable communication! Everyone I know is still in the dark ages.

We are the trailblazers for sure. There are not too many that exploit just about every single attribute of a modern day handset and the supporting services that are available.

FHS I am only just getting most of my own family across to Google. They are so mindset on MSN it is unbelievable. Youngest lad now completely understands what I'm banging on about sing I handed over a 2nd user near-mint G1 to him. With his Gmail, Gtalk and a small stack of apps on his G1 he is now in contact like never before!

I have him on a Vodafone £15 SIM-only with 500mins, unlimited texts and a £5/500MB data bundle. The G1 loves it :)

gorilla
15th October 2009, 10:06 AM
I have him on a Vodafone £15 SIM-only with 500mins, unlimited texts and a £5/500MB data bundle. The G1 loves it :)

Heck, I'd love that tariff ;)

Hands0n
15th October 2009, 05:33 PM
Heck, I'd love that tariff ;)

Can you not get that where you are? I thought that it was expensive here .. :)