View Full Version : iPhone data

a_ukboy
14th October 2009, 11:52 AM
I was so fed up with the data not working on my iPhone (o2) that I got my N95 out a couple of days ago, charged it and put my o2 sim card from my iPhone in it, was surprised at how well the Internet worked, used it for 2 days no problems, put the sim back into iPhone and instantly the Internet stopped working.. Hmmmm, so yesteday I looked at the data settings in the N95 and noticed different settings, changed the iphone's to match the N95 and since then my Internet seems great, no lag and always working (so far)

so now my data settings are apn: wap.o2.co.uk and username: o2wap

should this really make any difference? Seems to with mine!

miffed
14th October 2009, 01:02 PM
Hmm , well on the functionality side you may or may not see some problems with some apps or features (if you don't , then great ! )

.. The side that would concern me would be WRT Billing issues - it is possible that you could generate some charges ? my advice would be to take it easy for a couple of billing cycles !

Ben
14th October 2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing you have to use the iPhone access point in order to receive the unlimited inclusive data... but given O2's data billing history that's not necessarily true lol.

a_ukboy
14th October 2009, 03:41 PM
But the thing is I've asked about using my iPhone sim in a non iPhone and been told that's fine, so using it in a N95 the data settings are the non iPhone ones, the settings were also sent via o2 with my iPhone sim inserted into N95.. My friend has an iPhone on simplicity tariff with inclusive Internet and his network settings are the idata ones.. Well so far no charges and thanks for the advice guys.. Will defo keep an eye on any charges and if I do get some I will call cs and play dumb, I have no idea about network setting! LOL..