View Full Version : Android Avalanche: A Complete List Of The Android Phones So Far

Hands0n
20th October 2009, 11:25 PM
I haven't counted them (its late ;)) but even I was taken aback because I thought that I had a fair grasp on what was in the Android pipeline.

The original article will not copy well here so I'll simply link to it and you can go see for yourself every single Android handset in its short history. These are either available now or within a very short time. That is, they're not concept, they're already leaving the factory gates or are just about to.

See the article and pretty pictures here --> http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/19/android-galore-a-complete-list-of-the-android-phones-and-their-specs-droid-best/

I think that I am struck by, if anything, the uniformity of design! The other is the incredibly tiny amount of Flash RAM built into these devices. 256MB seems to be the general rule, with the Motorola Droid sporting a [by comparison] whopping great 512MB. These people are serious about multi-tasking OS are they not? Because they don't play as if they are!

Other than that - an interesting collection of Androids to see in the 2010.

Ben
21st October 2009, 12:49 AM
Wow, that's quite a collection! Yes the RAM is a little stingy, and some of the processors are, too, though there's also a smattering of 1GHz jobbies etc.

It's going to be very exciting to see how Android grows. I think it's so important for the future of mobile computing that it's a success - we may not have good competition in desktop/laptop computer OSs but the race for supremacy on the mobile looks wide open!

Can't wait to get one, still not sure what my first one will be tho :p

Hands0n
21st October 2009, 07:11 AM
Can't wait to get one, still not sure what my first one will be tho :p

I hate to say this but ... the Motorola Droid is fairly high up my list of possible nexts. I've still got the funds from the aborted HTC Tattoo transaction to play with ...