View Full Version : Sony VAIO W Netbook?

vitadellajan
30th October 2009, 08:57 AM
I want to get a netbook for my work and would like to surf on the internet when I'm on public transports, but I don't know much about netbooks, I wonder if you guys could have any recommendations to me please? Which one should I choose? Sony? Samsung? Fujitsu? And where can I buy it for a good price?

miffed
30th October 2009, 09:22 AM
The resounding answer I see to this question is the Samsung NC10 - Don't think I have heard of a dis-satisfied NC10 owner !
My thoughts on Netbooks have changed radically over the years though - after trying numerous UMPC's and Netbooks , I have come to the conclusion that if I *must* carry an extra device (in addition to my Phone) then it may as well be a "proper" laptop , My Macbook air is the perfect portable for me , small and light , but perfectly usable as a normal computer - I originally saw any problems with the concept of a 7-10" screen , but this did prove to be much more of a pain than I envisaged - hence why I have found the MBA to be a perfect fit.

Ben
30th October 2009, 11:37 AM
A friend just got the Sony, reportedly loving it. I don't think you can go too wrong there.

Personally, having owned the Dell Mini 9 (which arguably has a disastrous keyboard), I am going to stick my neck out and say, like miffed, that if you've got the money and the muscle you'd be much better off with a proper laptop. The MacBook Air is, unfortunately, expensive. But what a machine.

You do get what you pay for at the end of the day, so as long as you're expecting a netbook to be primarily a web browsing tool you wont be disappointed.

ampmarfly
9th November 2009, 10:14 AM
Look at the review here: http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/07/sony-vaio-w-netbook-now-official-in-us-coming-august-for-499/