View Full Version : Finally a Vodafone customer.

@NickyColman
6th November 2009, 05:49 PM
After being a mobile phone user since I was 14 (Im 23 now) I have finally switched to Vodafone.

Decided to unlock iPhone 3GS and team it with a Sim-Only 30 day contract.

Done some speed tests in comparison to O2 (see below). Gonna test Vodafones coverage over the next few weeks. See if it works better than O2.

Fingers crossed!!!

gorilla
6th November 2009, 07:17 PM
Everything I see points me towards vodafone.

3GScottishUser
8th November 2009, 11:12 PM
I have been with 02, 3, Orange and have only experienced T-Mobile via PAYG providers.

I am back with Vodafone now and whilst the headline benefits sometimes don't provide as much as others I can get use of all their services and seem to get enough of an allownace to more than cover my needs.

Vodafone have my vote in terms of reliablity for calls and texts and 3G data is pretty good too.

It's been said often enough. You get what you pay for and I am happy to give Vodafone a small premium to get their coverage, bandwidth and excellent customer service.

@NickyColman
9th November 2009, 04:45 PM
I'm happy to report that Vodafone's signal is kicking O2's ass!!

Where I work, there is virtually no O2 signal at all. Random patches of 'E' exist but have no connectivity.

Thankfully in 40% of the building i have FULL 3G, the rest of the area drops to a very stable 2G signal.

I'm one happy Vodafone customer. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ben
9th November 2009, 04:47 PM
Ah that's awesome, good for you Nicky!

I'm finding coverage on my unlocked-and-Vodafone'd 3G to be vastly better, too.

@NickyColman
9th November 2009, 04:52 PM
What I find even more. . .amusing is that even when I can only receive 2G/GPRS/o it is still 10x faster than O2's 'E' or even sometimes a weak 3G signal.

I can actually brag about my iPhone now. LOL

@NickyColman
12th November 2009, 05:00 PM
I had to contact Vodafone Customer Services today to have the content control removed from my account (why it blocks the National Lottery site I'll never know!). . . . anyway. . .

Can I just say that it was the best Customer Services experience I've had from a mobile phone company in a LONG LONG TIME! Not since the initial days of Orange has my called been answered so quickly and call dealt with so efficiently!

There was no barrage of security questions. No screaming call centre agents in the background. No call waiting time. Straight through, dealt with and done.

I think I'm loving Vodafone more each date. Keep it up ! :D

Ben
12th November 2009, 05:04 PM
I hate Vodafone Content Control, it's just horrifically OTT. But yes, once it's gone, boom :D

Glad you had a good CS experience, I've never had a problem with Vodafone CS as far as I can recall - efficient, courteous, and usually empowered to deal with whatever problem you're having. In fact, I called the Gateway people this morning to add some numbers and they were brill.

So, welcome to Vodafone! I'll be sorting my contract out once the 3GS is officially unlocked, too. What's your tariff?

@NickyColman
12th November 2009, 05:09 PM
@Ben,

Yeah its a pain in the ass! I found it a bit strange that if you try to remove the Content Control online Vodafone charge you £1 to your credit card but then credit your mobile account with £2.50 to say thank you.

Customer Services removed it there with no need to take payment - weird? - perhaps its a security procedure - ah well.

As for my tariff I got the 30 day - SIM only. 600 Minutes, unlimited texts, & unlimited mobile internet for a tidy price of £20 a month.

I'm chuffed at the moment.

Ben
12th November 2009, 05:24 PM
That really is such a great tariff, think that's what I'll get, too! Just waiting on O2 now...

(I know, I know, the unlock on the 3G went fine and I could just do it on the 3GS and be done with it... Just trying to hang on in there for the official unlock.)

getti
12th November 2009, 07:15 PM
I am now a Vodafone customer..... again.... with an additional line :D.

Took today a:

BlackBerry 9700
900 Minutes
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Landlines
Unlimited Internet
BlackBerry BIS Email
Family
50 MMS
£46 a month over 18 months,

Cancelling my other line with them which ends in 3 months but can lower to £10 a month from £40 anyway so happy days

gorilla
15th December 2009, 07:29 PM
I too am now a vodafone customer on their £20 per month sim only tariff (600 mins, unlimited sms and data). I should add that I'm a very happy customer!

Using my unlocked 3GS I get full 3G in my house where O2 was flaky at best. The big test will at work tomorrow but I'm confident I'll see an improved service.

What's more when I use a data connection the signal seems to improve i.e. if I start safari, the signal is 3 bars and after a while this shoots up to full. If this was O2 the phone might show 2 bars of 3G, then once you used a data service the signal would drop and maybe stay on '0' or 'E'.

solo12002
15th December 2009, 10:26 PM
I am now a Vodafone customer..... again.... with an additional line :D.

Took today a:

BlackBerry 9700
900 Minutes
Unlimited Texts
Unlimited Landlines
Unlimited Internet
BlackBerry BIS Email
Family
50 MMS
£46 a month over 18 months,

Cancelling my other line with them which ends in 3 months but can lower to £10 a month from £40 anyway so happy days

SO why go for blackberry????

Hands0n
15th December 2009, 10:45 PM
SO why go for blackberry????

Judging by the take up of youthful peers of my son it seems that in 2010 Blackberry is the new iPhone. They've scored a big win with their IM application. All I see on Facebook now is the kids exchanging BB IDs ...

It is an unimaginable situation - but I think that Blackberry might just be able to do the unthinkable and regain its foothold to go on to bigger and better things.

I played with one over the weekend, my sons, and really was not impressed. But he was like the dog with two proverbials :D

Ben
16th December 2009, 12:31 AM
What makes Blackberry messenger special?

getti
16th December 2009, 07:59 AM
It just works. Every BB sold has a unique PIN so no need to make an account or anything.

You can PIN Message someone anywhere in the world on any blackberry on any network which makes it free to contact people abroad.

Also the new version has groups where you can be invited to share photos, comments and messages.

gorilla
16th December 2009, 08:26 AM
I must be getting old. Why not just email people?

Is the BB so good because it's all set up on arrival so customers dont have to download an IM app?

I personally find a BB much harder to use than any nokia.

I can see Android competing in this market with it's integrated gmail/talk app.