View Full Version : I can connect GPRS on 3 with 6680 Nokia

chelleon
7th June 2005, 02:04 PM
Just been playing with my PDA, Laptop and my new Nokia 6680 Three Phone.

First tried dialling my Tiscali ISP through my Laptop connected to the 6680 via standard Modem, but it seems 3 have locked out data calls. I called CS India, who said that I should be able to connect via PC Link for data calls (What do they know anyway). Ben seems to be right that they have locked this out.

That failed so I set up a GPRS connection on my PC, pointed it to my Nokia 6680 Modem and off it went!

Success!!! I can now get the usual "walled" 3 services through my Internet explorer. Still trying to find a Garden gate to jump over but thus far no joy.

now to get my ipaq 4700 pda to get the same via bluetooth. :eek: Then who knows!

Ben
7th June 2005, 02:26 PM
You can indeed connect to Three's intranet via your phone using other devices - check out this thread (https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=155&highlight=gprs).

Unfortunately this does not result in any further opportunities for Internet access. :(

Happy fiddling, though!

Hypnotic
7th June 2005, 06:59 PM
Wow. You picked a BAD name for this thread. I got all excited thinking there was a way you could get open internet access on my 6680, not the walled garden on my pc :confused: