View Full Version : Google Nexus One - Camera Pictures

Hands0n
9th January 2010, 09:27 AM
The Google Nexus One has been introduced and reviewed here in Talk3G (https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7589) where there was some initial discussion about Google's announcement and a short chronicle of my purchase and first impressions. That may be a good place to start :)

Meanwhile, I present here for your viewing a few pictures that I took with the Nexus One this morning. They are rushed, just banged off at the back door due to the snow and rather inclement (-3) weather outside. Even the moggy only stayed out long enough to pass water - or is that too much information? :D

These pictures are taken with the Nexus One's camera set to 5 megapixel, its highest quality. My own thoughts are that they are quite reasonable for the conditions. I'd like to reserve final judgement until I have been able to use it a lot more. But initial impressions are that it is quite a capable camera.

I selected these as fairly typical for the conditions - also one taken in a darkened room to check out the LED flash capability.

3GScottishUser
9th January 2010, 10:44 AM
The picture quality looks pretty good especially the close up of the coke bottle! Good colour balance etc.

Smartphones need to have at least a 5MP camera on board now I think.

solo12002
9th January 2010, 11:43 AM
Handson

Silly question maybe. but I take it thers two camers to allow video calling unlike the iphone had at start?

Hands0n
9th January 2010, 11:58 AM
@Solo12002 - Not a "silly question" at all .. but no, there is only the single back-facing 5mpxl camera. This handset will not support videocalling. I am certain, though, that I did read somewhere that there is an Android that has both cameras, but for the life of me cannot remember which one it is. Perhaps the Motorola Droid/Milestone???

chagle
9th January 2010, 12:15 PM
Looks an awesome phone! I have got myself a HTC Hero which is nice I tried to use it for a couple of days and it's great - But keep going back to the iPhone. iPhone + MobileMe - Just works! Android and Google - Works, but has issues.

Tell me, I'm using BusyCal for Sync'ing Cals to Google.. then tried SpanningSync for Contacts - Works OK. Must be a more streamlined approach out there.

miffed
9th January 2010, 12:41 PM
@Solo12002 - Not a "silly question" at all .. but no, there is only the single back-facing 5mpxl camera. This handset will not support videocalling. I am certain, though, that I did read somewhere that there is an Android that has both cameras, but for the life of me cannot remember which one it is. Perhaps the Motorola Droid/Milestone???

It's the £91 pulse mate ... and ironically the FFC is better than the one on the back - Although I can't work out how to make a video call for the life of me !!

Ben
9th January 2010, 12:56 PM
Good pictures (lol @ the paw prints, if the beast was let out in my back garden at the moment you'd not see it again for the snow...), they look nice and sharp. Perhaps a little noisy. Perfectly acceptable for this sort of handset. Hurrah for flash!

Hands0n
9th January 2010, 01:43 PM
Tell me, I'm using BusyCal for Sync'ing Cals to Google.. then tried SpanningSync for Contacts - Works OK. Must be a more streamlined approach out there.

Welll.... I have got my MobileMe and Google to play nice. The way I did it was to use the sync capabilities of my always-on Mac Pro. Calendar and Contacts are set to sync with MobileMe and Google - and they keep it all neat and tidy that way. Be careful though - don't do what I did and turn on the sync across the two on more than one computer. I had the Mac Pro and a Macbook Pro sync'ing to both and ended up with hundreds of duplicate entries. I had to resort to Google Contacts in GMail to resolve all the duplicates - MobileMe and Calendar/Contacts app were not quite able to de-dupe!! It took me a little while to figure out where all the dupes were coming from!!