View Full Version : iPhone "4G" wish list

Ben
13th January 2010, 12:54 PM
Given the almost-certainty that my next primary handset will be the next iPhone, I thought it'd be a good idea to put up a wish list of improvements that we'd like to see.

Higher capacity battery. Normal usage days end with about 20-40% battery remaining, but all-too-often I'll do a lot of browsing or, heaven forbid, tweeting and I'll run out before the end of the day. Yesterday ended at 3%. Need more!
Camera flash. Not being able to take that odd low-light shot that typically accompanies alcohol consumption is actually something I miss. No, low light shots are never great, but being able to see *something* would be a welcome change.
Bigger screen (perhaps OLED?)
Flash support in Safari.
Dual-core A9 CPU (for all that multi-tasking? :p)

Add yours below and I'll edit them in.

miffed
13th January 2010, 01:41 PM
Not a lot really - thats the whole reason I'm getting a bit bored !

A bigger screen perhaps , a flash, bigger battery (as suggested !)

Flash support in the browser would cheer a few people up , and it would be nice to be able to customise without the Jailbreak

But these things are nitpicking TBH , I don't think there is much that Apple can (or need to ) do in terms of hardware - Yeah , some nice treats of a firmware nature would be cool , but it's more a case of Apple being innovative than actual "need" , for me at least !

Ben
13th January 2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah, it's a scarily complete package isn't it, from a user point of view. Perhaps it's good that it's not obvious where they could go with iPhone OS; they may well find it in them to surprise us all.

A lot of emphasis may well go on the tablet this time around, but then with the 3G -> 3GS update so incremental it's almost unthinkable that the '4G' wont get a redesign.

@NickyColman
13th January 2010, 05:38 PM
I think what everyone is forgetting is that Apple will TELL us what we want for iPhone 4G - We will believe we wanted it all along. LOL.

Better battery life is a MUST!

hecatae
13th January 2010, 07:02 PM
dual core a9 cpu and OLED screen

Ben
13th January 2010, 09:46 PM
Some sort of beefier CPU and RAM would be cool... performance made such a difference in the 3GS, to the extent that a lot of us upgraded *gulp*.

But yeah, battery life.