View Full Version : All you can eat is here.....

3GScottishUser
17th January 2010, 01:44 PM
It had to happen sooner rather than later and it's tesco Mobile who have introduced the UK's first unlimited calls and texts tarriff at £30 a month.

AT&T and Verizon Wireless have launched similar packages in the USA this weekend at $79.99 a month.

I expect we will see many more of these 'unlimited' tarriffs appearing before the summer and hopefully some will include some roaming allownaces and data too.

Fixed cost looks like the fashion for mobile tarriffs in 2010 and not before time as it has long been known that many customers don't actually use the hundreds of minutes and texts they currently get bundled each month. The law of averages has prevailed and the mob ops can offer unlimited services and get that magical £30-35 a month in return.

I can see unlimited tarriffs appealing to a lot of customers regardless of their actual usage patterns.

chaslam
17th January 2010, 05:05 PM
Yes this has been around for a while now (a few months). Its basically a different wording and slightly better value for money then Tmobiles flext tariffs with a fair use of £500 a month. To be honest, to the majority of people, it would just be the word unlimited that would get them through the door. I have £350 a month worth with my flext tariff, and I dont even come close to that. I think with the prospect of Unlimited texts and 800 minutes or something of the like, to most people that would constitute pretty much all they will ever need, and the people who truly need unlimited everything probably already have that on their business package (or near enough).

And, it may just be me, but I would just feel cheap and dirty having a tesco sim in my phone. I know they piggyback off another network (vodafone or o2?) but its just the pure prospect of having my phone badged as tesco, just puts me off!

Ben
17th January 2010, 11:55 PM
I think unlimited tariffs will be popular, but find it hard to see how they actually serve any of us. I mean, I'm paying £20/mo on Vodafone for all I need. But lets just say I was on a £35 unlimited tariff; if I'm using a few hundred minutes and someone else on the same tariff is using a couple of thousand then how is that fair? What is this, communism comes to mobiles?

We should pay for what we use. I understand why the networks have tiered tariffs, they need the predictable income, but to broaden those further seems crazy.