View Full Version : Google Nexus One vs Apple iPhone (really?)

Hands0n
19th January 2010, 09:46 PM
Of course, the comparison had to arise, it was completely inevitable that the flagship handset of each company would be put alongside each other. It would have been a very cold day in Hell for that not to happen.

Rather than post the full article here I suggest a quick flick to this link first http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/torn-between-two-phones-nexus-one-vs-iphone/?ref=technology and then lets have a chat about what this stirs up inside of us.

To switch or not to switch, that is the question. Google’s announcement of its Nexus One smartphone happened over a week ago and I’m still receiving lots of Tweets and e-mail from readers asking the same question: Should they give up their iPhone for the Nexus One?

Is there a comparison to be made? Or do we have here two completely different handsets, different horses for different courses? Does it even matter. And of course, or perhaps, why no comparisons with other handsets or OS?

solo12002
19th January 2010, 09:51 PM
Does this help ppl to decide?

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/reviews/2010/01/nexus-one-review.ars/

Whit so much info coming out about this moble and apps I think we do need a thread or page for it. talking of apps, has anyone found an email client for it to push other email down other than gmail?? if so what and were?

Hands0n
19th January 2010, 10:04 PM
What an excellent read on Ars Technica - I rarely, if ever, visit that site. I'm not really qualified to answer your question "Does this help ..." seeing as I cheated and jumped in on day one [literally]. :D

I do, however, have both handsets - so I am running my own local comparison.

colin25
20th January 2010, 08:19 PM
Never owned an iphone, so can't compare.

from using the nexus, my negative is battery life (perhaps expected with a 3g phone).

Other than that, lots of positives.

It feels good, weight is comfortable in my pants pocket, doesn't bulge so not likely to be asked by others if I'm pleased to seem them (at least not because of the phone :).

The phone is very responsive, simple to use..bit irritating that I don't have msn, but surviving with meebo.

Keyboard is simple to use, and predictive text is quite good (better than my previous nokias and motorolas).

Buttons on the phone are responsive.

Only other bug bear, where are the games? I didn't buy it for playing games, but they are useful when stuck in some boring place (like the possibly in future mother-in-law's house).

But I suspect it is horses for courses. I like that google brought this phone into the market, choice is not bad, and for now the nexus is my choice.

As to future?