View Full Version : Will the App Store be a consideration...

gorilla
27th January 2010, 11:31 AM
(This will really only apply to existing iPhone or iPod touch owners)

Ok, so when Apple release a new phone you may decide to either stay with your existing iPhone or move to the next model or switch to another manufacturer. But what about all those apps you already have? They will work with your new Apple handset (presumably) and if you choose to move to another platform (e.g. Android) you will then have to find alternative apps or purchase the app again.
Would this be enough for you to consider staying with Apple?

I have over 50 apps, must are free but a few are paid for. I'm not sure I would stick with Apple based on the current iTunes Store but maybe my mind will change later today when I expect to hear some new content deals announced.

The Mullet of G
27th January 2010, 07:16 PM
I think half the fun of getting a new phone is also getting new software, but maybe thats just me, I do tend to get bored with apps and games after about 5 minutes. Most of the apps I do use regularly likely have alternatives on most other platforms, so it wouldn't be an issue.

And I've only paid for about 2 or 3 apps via the app store, the rest I acquired via other means so its pretty disposable in that regards.

Ben
27th January 2010, 09:20 PM
An interesting topic.

Personally I don't think the apps I've already bought are enough to 'keep me loyal'. However, the ever-increasing number of new apps probably is.

gorilla
1st February 2010, 08:50 PM
I'm just remembering the process I went through to get my new 3GS "working" and that was just really easy. I suppose I would enjoy getting used to a new OS and App store but...will I?
I still think I'll be going Android.