PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Talk3G redesign

Ben
28th January 2010, 06:42 PM
Most elements of the redesign are now complete. You may need to refresh each page or empty your browser cache to see all of the changes. Your comments and suggestions are more than welcome on this thread.

The Nokia sub-forum has also been redesigned, gradually all handset-specific sub-forums will be removed. https://talk3g.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?13-Nokia-3G

Other restructuring of sub-forums is still being considered.

hecatae
7th February 2010, 05:32 PM
I'm having a weird issue, the front page talk3g.co.uk will not log me in, but I'm logged in when I go to forums or any other section

DBMandrake
7th February 2010, 05:37 PM
One thing I'm missing since the redesign is the "Today's Posts" link which used to be under Quick Links. If you've already used "New Posts" and then come back to read them a bit later they are no longer new and won't be listed - I used to click on the Today's Posts link to revisit threads from the last 24 hours, but I can't find any quick way of doing that now...is there any chance this can be re-instated ?

Hands0n
7th February 2010, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure if Ben can 'reinstate' that particular menu item but there is a workaround.

Click on Advanced Search and go down to Additional Options. There set it to Find Posts = Yesterday and Newer

Then select Save Search Preferences. Each time you next go to Advanced Search you can click on Search Now to repeat the search criteria.

It works quite well.

Ben
7th February 2010, 10:28 PM
Indeed, that appears to be the 'new way' of doing it.

Ben
10th June 2010, 04:44 PM
Forum updated - lots of bug fixes and a few new features to play with, happy exploring!