View Full Version : Nexus One - a videography in four short parts

Hands0n
7th February 2010, 01:32 PM
Well worth a watch is this series of four short YouTube videos put out by HTC and Google on the design, build and testing of the Nexus One.

Those of you with a weak disposition should brace yourselves for video number three that shows the series of stress tests that the handset was put through. It is quite encouraging that the resulting device is quite a tough baddie that will take a fair amount of stress

The full series is here http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4ACDE3CAD0636572

Enjoy

solo12002
7th February 2010, 02:11 PM
Wow

Im inpressed, goggle are really good at the PR aspect of things, every time they put something on they get something good out of it. I rally like the way they have a nexus channel on the tube wich provides you with information, the more I see the more I want one.

Loved to byt an iphone but prices are OTT, they are locked and you cant remove the batt. Not saying everything is prfect with goggle or nexus one, but i think Nokia could learn a few things from them

Ben
7th February 2010, 03:17 PM
Great videos, thanks Hands0n.

I'm still very tempted to pick one of these up, I think it'd be a nice handset to have owned in the grand scheme of all things mobile. When it arrives on Vodafone I might take a version from them if I can negotiate a stellar deal on my old N95 8GB contract; I don't really want to pay too much for a handset I, unfortunately, wouldn't use much.

colin25
7th February 2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks Handson..I noticed the first one a couple of days ago, but forgot to check for others coming online.

Interesting vids, hope google stays a player in the market, I can see good things from them if they do.

Hands0n
7th February 2010, 08:56 PM
I think Google/HTC did the right thing by putting these videos up on YouTube. Nothing like a bit of free advertising like what we are doing here :)

It is always interesting getting an insight into how these devices are designed and put together. The testing regime always leaves me a bit jittery afterwards - I try to keep my gear mint and to see the factory stress/destruct testing always makes me cringe a little.

If Google keep up the PR on their kit they are going to make a fairly major hit in the market, even if the first sales of the Nexus One are relatively low. The launch of the device in the UK by Vodafone may well see its fortunes improve significantly.