View Full Version : (Vodafone UK) Fault accessing bills online

Ben
12th February 2010, 12:54 AM
On one of my Vodafone accounts (business, as it happens) I get an error when I try and visit the bill section of the account. In Vodafone's wisdom they've stopped sending the paper bill. I sent a grumpy email.

Hi Ben,

I am sorry to let you know that we are currently facing some technical problems with our online service due to which some customers are not able to access or view their bills online.

Our engineers are working on it and it will be resolved soon. The fault reference number is

xxxxxxxxx. You can check the status of the fault using the reference number.
I have also sent the itemised bill free of cost for the month of January 2010 at your account address which you will be receiving in the next 5 to 7 working days.

Trust the above information is helpful.
So, it looks like they're well aware of the issue. If you're experiencing the same problem and need a bill, like I do, I suggest you email them for a freebie. Hell, if you're having the same problem and you, quite frankly, couldn't give a flying fish about your bill, I encourage you to email them for a freebie anyway.

Online services aren't for fun anymore, they have to work.

Ben
26th February 2010, 10:24 AM
Is no one else having problems with this? When I try to view my bill I get:

"Sorry, due to the high levels of registrations Vodafone Bill Centre is receiving it is taking a little longer to complete your registration. Please try again in a few minutes. The rest of My Account is available for you to use."

miffed
26th February 2010, 11:23 AM
Is this a new thing then ? I remember during the entire length of my "old" contract with them I could never log on l(well , 95% of the time I tried ) ...the stock excuse at the time was that they were "Working to improve things" :D

I registered when I got the my HTC Magic , and found things to be pretty much the same .... It let me log on a couple of times .

I just put it down to Vodafone being Vodafone !

miffed
26th February 2010, 11:25 AM
That said , just logged on OK , and mine is all working .

Hands0n
26th February 2010, 11:58 AM
To date I have never had a problem reviewing my on-line bill with Vodafone. Much to my daughter's complete annoyance cut her funding to pay for her overspend on the mobile :D

Ben
26th February 2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks guys. Lucky me, huh.

Hands0n
26th February 2010, 04:25 PM
You're not alone if Twitter and the Vodafone eForum is anything to go by. But what puzzles me is why it would be like this, selectively. What is it about your account with them that is so different from mine that makes it break for you but not me? And just to prove it I'm in there right now cruising around looking at My Bills and My Account across the five numbers that are against that account. Its all working ticketyboo :)

Very strange.

Ben
27th February 2010, 12:19 AM
Bizarre isn't it. FWIW, my username is an email address, and it's a Business account.