View Full Version : I dropped it. I felt its pain.

Ben
11th March 2010, 05:51 PM
My iPhone slipped out of my pocket as I clambered from my car in my PJs at 7am this morning, bouncing off the door sill and landing corner first on the tarmac. I actually yelped, it felt like I'd just punched the floor; quite a bizarre biological response caused entirely by the brain.

Now it's all scuffed on the corner. Woe is me.

Ever felt the pain of an inanimate object? :)

solo12002
11th March 2010, 06:46 PM
Ben

LOL I dont know what the sad part is, the fact that at your age you wear PJ's? or crying over an iphone lLOL

Hands0n
12th March 2010, 08:28 AM
Ever felt the pain of an inanimate object? :)

Been there, seen it, done that :D Its just bloody daft if you ask me. But there I was, original iPhone bouncing off the patio block paving. I couldn't bring myself to look. But sure enough, there on the corner was the slightest of scuffs on the chrome surround. Later, unless you knew where to look, it was all but invisible. It went on eBay as near-mint because in every other way it was.

But at the time I do recall at least mentally screaming out as it landed! On its way down there was a moment of complete disbelief that this was actually happening.

How strange we get quite so attached to these objects of desire, whatever they may be.

miffed
12th March 2010, 11:43 AM
I managed to pick up a scratch ON MY SCREEN :(

I got all upset , and went into the local repair shop ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LCl1Jp_oUE

.....And he looked at me like I was crazy , and told me it would not be replacing the screen for a scratch as it would cost £140 - I went away with the intention of replacing the screen myself , but in the end I bough one of those mirror tinted screen protectors , - covers it up nicely !