View Full Version : Changed tariff...

Ben
16th March 2010, 02:26 AM
Vodafone's 30-day SIM Only tariffs have changed quite a bit lately. 600 minutes and unlimited texts became 600 minutes, unlimited texts, and 500MB data.

They now have a £25 tariff that doubles the data and includes BT Openzone WiFi, so I've switched to that because sometimes that WiFi access can come in really handy.

I think their tariffs represent excellent value these days. I think it's more that the tariffs provide an ample amount of the things important to a modern smartphone user than the actual price - it's a worry free structure that promotes handset use rather than punishing it.

Ben
26th March 2010, 03:14 AM
Has this gone now? Can't see it on their site anymore; the WiFi has gone. Glad I switched!

getti
26th March 2010, 09:58 PM
http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/price-plans/30-days-600-mins-3000-texts-25?dependantSkuIds=sku690047&serverName=managed4

REALLY good deal!

Ben
27th March 2010, 02:36 AM
Not really :S Mine was 600 mins, unlimited text, 1GB data, free WiFi.

But in the grand scheme of things it's still good. Wonder why they changed it?

Hands0n
27th March 2010, 09:57 AM
Unlimited text always had an FUP of 3,000 texts. I think they've just decided to get rid of the unpopular use of the word "Unlimited". And I think that is a very good and leading move for them to make. The rest of the cartel should now follow and return "Unlimited" back to its dictionary and commonly understood definition.

Ben
27th March 2010, 12:04 PM
I agree, though I've fallen into favour with the term 'unlimited' on the proviso that there are no automatic charges for exceeding the FUP!

Also, looks like WiFi is still included! They've just taken it off of the headline banner? Bizarre. It still mentions it in the text below... lets hope that's not an error.

I can't believe what I get for £25 a month. Considering my iPhone is like the third arm I never had it's just such an enabler. I never pick up my iPhone and think 'Oohh, can't do that, too expensive'.

Still miss Visual Voicemail, though :(

getti
27th March 2010, 06:29 PM
Check out HulloMail. Visual Voicemail working on iPhone, Blackberry on any network and free to install