View Full Version : Choice of htc mobiles

solo12002
22nd March 2010, 10:42 AM
As I have been a good biy and put a pot of money away to but a new moible I like some advice from you.

1. I have ruled out the iphone as i feel V4 will come along soon and no matter what i buy now it will be out dated in a few months, secondly I am not happy to spend £500 plus on a mobile which is locked to a network even for a year nomatter how good it is.

2. I have decided to head towards HTC and I have thre choices from what i can see come next month as follows:

HTC Google Phone - Ruled this out as it ships from USA and theie other phones out there as below:
HTC Desire
HTC Legend

So ive that Ive ruled out the Nexuis, I left with Desire and Legend, one is about £100 cheaper than the other. Which one would you go for, or is their one Im not even looking at at I should.

I do want Sim free, not going to tie mysef into a 24 month contract for anyone. sorry

Ben
22nd March 2010, 10:59 AM
For CPU, RAM, and screen size I think it has to be the Desire? That's the one I'd want.

Looks like one hell of a handset.

DBMandrake
22nd March 2010, 02:56 PM
1. I have ruled out the iphone as i feel V4 will come along soon and no matter what i buy now it will be out dated in a few months, secondly I am not happy to spend £500 plus on a mobile which is locked to a network even for a year nomatter how good it is.

Just so you know - Pay&Go iPhone's purchased from/for O2 can be unlocked immediately for £15 with no one-year stand down. This has been the case for a couple of months now. (Those sold by Orange or Vodafone cannot)

You're right though, that a new iPhone will almost certainly come out around June/July, and it's unclear whether O2 will offer immediate unlocking on the new model straight away.

Ben
22nd March 2010, 08:25 PM
The 3GS, however, is still a phenomenal phone and I have no qualms recommending it even though a successor is due in a few months.

Hands0n
22nd March 2010, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't write off the Google Nexus One just because it ships from the USA. Google's logistics are very good and the handset can be here within three days of order! Backed up by HTC UK's 2-year warranty it is a good proposition - especially if you get away with not paying the courier firm the VAT (there is no Customs duty on mobile phones).

The Nexus One is very close to the HTC Desire in terms of specification - but the one thing that sets the Nexus One head and shoulders above all of the rest, and that includes iPhones and anything else, is the noise cancellation technology built into the handset. It is beyond comparison, there is no equal off the shelf. What the Desire offers in replacement is the optical trackpad instead of the Nexus One's traditional trackball. My own view is that the noise cancellation technology is far more beneficial.

That said, the Desire has it over the Legend if the Nexus One is a definite no-no.

But really, with any of the latest HTC devices you are unlikely to be disappointed, even with the Windows Mobile-based HTC HD2 that Miffed has. These are all most excellent handsets and show that HTC has learned, matured and come a very long way from the days of the TyTN.