View Full Version : O2 Slashes Cost Of 7-inch Atom Tablet Device To £49

hecatae
1st April 2010, 10:08 PM
O2 will apparently cut the cost of its electronics fridge door/post it device, otherwise known as the Joggler, to a third of its initial launch price (down to £49) for 14 days only starting from the 2nd of April

The Joggler is a relabelled OpenPeak OpenFrame device that boosts some pretty impressive configuration like an Intel Atom processor, 1GB onboard memory, WiFi-N connectivity, Ethernet as well as support for a number of operating systems thanks to EFI.

thanks to itproportal for the heads up and the official o2 blog for announcing it.

I know what I want for Easter, the above.

and as hotukdeals have stated:

The O2 Joggler will be available at 1/2 price for a period of 2 weeks from 2nd April (http://shop.o2.co.uk/joggler or by calling 08442 020202).

You can now download free Apps (from 1st April) from the O2 App store (inc Google maps, You Tube, Google Calendar etc).

Offer ends 15th April

Ben
1st April 2010, 10:49 PM
The Joggler seems to have been a quiet success for O2; critically acclaimed, I'm not sure it's actually selling that well - this price cut certainly suggests they're trying to stimulate sales.

solo12002
1st April 2010, 11:04 PM
Thing is they sell it as working on o2.

looking at what has been posted above it appears to work on any mobile network or am I wrong??

hecatae
2nd April 2010, 11:18 AM
it's not a phone, it's a wifi touchscreen device with a standard netbook cpu, that requires constant mains power to function

Hands0n
2nd April 2010, 01:46 PM
Sorry, but this feels like just about the most pointless device made in the history of mankind. :( I just don't get it at all. Even if it was given away with Crunchy Nut Cornflakes I would probably chuck it in the bin.

hecatae
2nd April 2010, 02:31 PM
picked mine up from local o2 store

hecatae
2nd April 2010, 02:38 PM
so 50 free sms a month to any uk mobile, internet radio, app store. built on ubuntu 8.04 lts server edition

Hands0n
2nd April 2010, 02:44 PM
Can you telnet or X-Window into it? Maybe use it as a SMTP mailhost? Or something :D

hecatae
3rd April 2010, 07:17 AM
yes and yes I could