View Full Version : The next iPhone revealed ?

DBMandrake
19th April 2010, 08:05 PM
Many of you may have seen this already, but after being initially quite sceptical, I'm now sufficiently convinced that at the very least this is a genuine Apple prototype, although it may not necessarily be the same thing that will be released in June: (there could be more than one alternative prototype design...)

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

Thoughts ? For me the biggest disappointment is the use of a Micro-SIM like the iPad, which will make SIM swapping between different generations of iPhone essentially impossible, not to mention the difficulties in obtaining Micro-SIM's from unofficial carriers...

When I saw the first blurry photos I thought it was quite squat and ugly, but now I've seen higher res pictures and video, I have to say the design has kind of grown on me, although I think I'll be keeping my 3GS...

Ben
19th April 2010, 11:20 PM
I don't know what to think. In the side by sides the new one actually looks pretty good - it certainly has that 'newness' about it, somehow managing to make the 3GS look a little dated just like every incarnation of an Apple product does. If it is real then I wish it hadn't leaked - where's the fun in that?

Providing there's more battery and more oomph I'm sure it'll be my perfect companion!