View Full Version : O2 Unlimited Internet

PhilipChan
24th May 2010, 08:43 PM
Hey guys im pretty new! So take it easy on me for whatever :P!

When O2 says they supply you with an unlimited data plan for your phone, its basically 500MB if im correct!
So I was wondering if anyone can clarify this if its true as I can't be bothered exploring O2 website :L!
Sorry for my laziness!

Thanks,
Phil

Hands0n
24th May 2010, 09:45 PM
Blimey, you are a lazy so and so :D

O2's Unlimited Internet is subject to their usage policy

Unlimited allowances are subject to an excessive usage policy It is not entirely clear, however, what they exactly mean by "excessive".

Probably, you would have to use something in considerable excess of 500MB before you drew their attention, at which point you should expect a contact from them. You would probably not be charged any more unless you refused to respond to their appeal for you to moderate your use.

Suitably worded Ts&Cs mean that mobile network operators can get away with use of the word "Unlimited" when deploying such usage policies.

So basically, don't try downloading the entire Internet via your O2 Unlimited mobile broadband.

PhilipChan
24th May 2010, 10:07 PM
I love laziness :D
Ahh right! It's not that I download etc! Just that I like surfing and stuff!
Also my netbook which comes with a sim card slot, Im sure i'll be using this alot soon after I finish my upcoming last exams! Wohooo 13 week holiday :D:D

Hands0n
24th May 2010, 11:16 PM
Surfing on the mobile is unlikely to cause you too much trouble. Watching endless YouTube runs the risk of doing so.

If you're using an Android handset you can use NetCounter from Android Market to keep a track of your usage.