View Full Version : No iPhone 4.0 for Miffed !

miffed
13th June 2010, 04:58 PM
Well , after the iPhone 4 was announced , I was dead certain I was going to get one - I have booked the morning off work to go and pick it up !!

I then started having second thoughts (prompted by the Dell Streak !) , Although I did not follow them through and buy one , it got me thinking about whether or not I could live without an iPhone 4 , and it struck me that I could , and whatsmore I could also do without spending the £600 or so needed to buy it !

So far this year I have bought ..... (While having a 3GS as a main phone )

T-Mobile Pulse
iPhone 3GS for the wife
HTC HD2
HTC Desire
Nokia N900

Then last week I picked up an iPad , - Looking back I feel I have veered a little overbudget on toys as it is !
The icing on the cake was finding that the wife doesn't really like the 3GS ( well , she LIKES it , but is scared of dropping it , breaking it , getting mugged for it , etc) ... And asked if she could give it to me and get a cheaper phone !
Now , as lovely as the iPhone 4 is , given my spend for the year so far , and having a 3GS - I simply CANNOT justify replacing it for £600

So , no iPhone 4 for me ! , I have to be honest I am not that gutted . I'll probably get one when it comes to upgrade time , but I am sure the 3GS will suffice until then .

Hands0n
13th June 2010, 05:24 PM
Well, I may not be able to help you there :D

Have you considered offsetting the purchase of an iPhone 4 with the sale of the 3GS? Depending on the memory size and whether or not it is officially unlocked - that is it is impervious to future firmware upgrades re-locking it - then you should be able to pull in around £300+ for it in good nick. Mine tend to live their lives in a leather case and so are fairly mint condition when being sold.

So, thinking aloud for a moment - that new iPhone 4 could end up costing you not much more than £300.

Ben
14th June 2010, 11:29 AM
Time to sell all of that other gear, miffed - hell, sell the iPad if you have to ;)

Lol, I'm sure the 3GS will keep you going, particularly once iOS 4.0 comes out. It's going to be torture though, and you know it!

miffed
14th June 2010, 11:37 AM
Iit's not so much about the money. - I actually had the £600 put aside ready! It was more a case of choosing not to give it to Steve Jobs on his command !