View Full Version : First the iPhone giveth , then the iPhone taketh away

miffed
9th July 2010, 05:53 PM
Think back to 2007

T-mobile offered some pretty good Data offerings , Three did too , and the rest of the networks insulted out intelligence.

Them , the iPhone arrived , and although many were a bit skeptical (and remain so ) the one thing that DID look promising , was the Data allowance - for the first time in the UK , Unlimited data actually MEANT unlimited , and the iPhone was giving this to us , and the consensus was , that this would be a kick up the ass to the other network ,and before long , they'd ALL be offering us all the data we can eat ! How wrong that was

Just as the original iPhone introduced unlimited data ,iPhone 4 appears to be the poster boy for the 500MB cap - I'd have put money on T-mobile offering AT LEAST a 1-3GB FUP ...... but for them to jump on the 500MB bandwagon is something I find really sad , I regressive :(

At this rate it'll be back to £3.50 per MB by the time iPhone 5 comes along !

Ben
10th July 2010, 02:15 AM
The back-tracking is sad to be sure. It's likely a combination of tough economic times, and networks getting worried about capacity. I think they want everyone using some data on their phones, but what they want more is the heavy users paying for that extra use!